Notices

bugeye wagon on sti track width...

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2014, 10:40 PM
Grimm666
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bugeye wagon on sti track width...

So I've searched and searched so forgive me if I've missed it..ive just done the saloon front end swap on my bug wagon and as everyone knows the track is less. ..im wanting to widen the track as it's look redonkulous now how far the wheels sit in. 1. I don't want new wheels with a bigger offset as I want to keep oem wheels.
2.i don't want to use spacers..just because.
I also feel using sti running gear il be improving the car. I don't want to go bonkers but does anyone know what il need all together ..
So far I know I need
Sti wishbones
Sti rear lateral links
Sti front and rear ARBs
And sti struts.
Do I need the sub frame. ..I hope not...
Any help would be appreciated as soon as I k ow my full needed shopping list il get cracking.thanks.
Old 27 February 2014, 01:50 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Personally I would go with wider wheels and coilovers/camber bolts,wagon will be looking much more wider

Front STI wishbones/alloy arms you can fit,you can gain mainly on castor,which is only good thing

Rear STI lateral arms/links they don't fit without the modifications,you will need to use classic GC8/GF8 arms/links,because yours rear droplinks will be in very strange angle like this / / and they can knock and can be dangerous,because they will touch the ARB or arms/links

ARB's should fit without the problems,not sure if you will need to use saloon/sedan droplinks too

STI struts would or should fit without the modifications,but I would suggest to use camber bolts on front,because running STI shocks on wagon,you can loose camber

You can go route as you want to intend to do so,but I would go rather with Coilovers and wider wheels and you will have nice wide wagon,we done this and we are loved oour wagon looks

Thanks,Jura