Notices

Newage Coilover Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2014, 07:16 PM
andyyam750
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newage Coilover Recommendations

Thinking of going down the coilover route at the end of March. Currently running UK300 shocks and pro-drive springs.

Looking at BCs, MeisterRs, Racing Logic at the minute

What's everyone running and anyone had any issues with any of the above. Also what do any fellow wagoneers recommend in terms of spring rates, do you recommend heavier springs at the back...

Will also be running, whiteline drop links a 24mm shoreline rear ARB and Camber bolts all round to aid set up.
Old 13 February 2014, 07:18 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

add an anti-lift kit to your list aswell

i have just had bc coilovers fitted to my blob wrx,ride is much better than expected and mine have the uprated top mounts to reduce road noise
Old 13 February 2014, 08:10 PM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi Andy , I have BCs too (BC-F-02BR-RA 6/5) , got them fitted from Sub 4 You in Newbury. 750+vat Fitted. Mine were setup with Prodrive Tarmac setting angles with about a 30mm rear ride height reduction rear 35mm front . I have found no clearance issues driving like this. As to the improvement . its night and day better. Turn in on the Prodrive settings is excellent. Other coil overs may be better but I can hardly see how. It transformed the handling on my WRX UK300 PPP. Road noise is not noticable ( 17 inch wheels / michelins ) you notice things are not so comfortable running over sleeping policemen, but mostly they hear me coming anyway and give me space :-)
Old 13 February 2014, 08:12 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

All 3 are a good shout, but RL seem well with comfort and capable dampers
Old 13 February 2014, 09:39 PM
lottielee
Scooby Regular

i bought these on monday, ride is much better and seems to handle much better.. much less body roll.. and not as bumpy as i thought they would be (my 2 year old son goes everywhere with me in it)

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1549
Old 13 February 2014, 09:47 PM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

[quote=lottielee;11353073]i bought these on monday, ride is much better and seems to handle much better.. much less body roll.. and not as bumpy as i thought they would be (my 2 year old son goes everywhere with me in it)

Its a another good observation , my sons are 12 and 14 and say they feel safer in the car and the youngest says he does not feel sick anymore. Could be my driving improved ? Naaaa I doubt that.
Old 13 February 2014, 09:53 PM
lottielee
Scooby Regular

[quote=Linksfahrer;11353084]
Originally Posted by lottielee
i bought these on monday, ride is much better and seems to handle much better.. much less body roll.. and not as bumpy as i thought they would be (my 2 year old son goes everywhere with me in it)

Its a another good observation , my sons are 12 and 14 and say they feel safer in the car and the youngest says he does not feel sick anymore. Could be my driving improved ? Naaaa I doubt that.

my little boy loves the scooby, laughs his head off when i set the dv off lol, i have not noticed a difference with road noise either, i'm on 225/40/18's... also got recommended Racing Logic coilovers for comfort? but went with the BC's and glad i did

Trending Topics

Old 14 February 2014, 03:51 PM
stealthbomber
Scooby Regular

I picked up a set.of tein super street coilovers for my bug wagon and have to say, ride comofort is much better than I expected (running 17" wheels) and less harsh than the spec c setup I had on before. Just had cdf front and rear arbs fitted this morning, it feels so much better now cornering pretty flat although the road conditions aren't exactly great today!
Old 25 February 2014, 08:47 PM
The Veteran
Scooby Regular

I went with the Scoobyworld B.C. handling pack that included some whiteline parts along with a Geo. set up, all carried out on the day of installation. I am extremely pleased with the handling, which is just as compliant as the standard 07 Hawkeye Sti suspension, and its also proved to be much less bouncy than the original set up.
Old 08 March 2014, 05:28 PM
Mr Blobby
Scooby Regular

The bc coil overs you have are solid top mounts yes? Do you guys notice much noise from them in the cabin?
Old 09 March 2014, 09:43 AM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Blobby
The bc coil overs you have are solid top mounts yes? Do you guys notice much noise from them in the cabin?
Solid top mount ? Mine are now just coming to 1 year old and were supplied from Sub4you. I have only positive experience with mine.

If I were Subaru I would offer them as factory upgrade like they used
to do Prodrive. Before I got them I used to have to plan every bend
to allow for the standard kit slopping around, now you just hammer in
and if you need to correct in mid-bend you can.

The knocking from the original rear shocks is a gone for good.