Notices

lowering/raising BC Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2013, 12:17 PM
chet123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering/raising BC Coilovers

Advise on raising the blob currently sat on a set of BC Coilovers.

I understand nothing needs to done with the top adjusters which holds the strut and spings, just the bottom should be turned using the C' spanners to raise or drop the car.

Also to make sure the height is correct all round I should measure between the top and bottom metal clamps.

p.s. obviously raising the car will require me to get the car geo'ed again so looking at options on who to use.

Cheers.
Old 04 October 2013, 10:23 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've lowered mine today after fitting mine a couple of weeks ago somewhere near where I wanted them.

This is how I did mine today, slacken off the bottom nut with the C spanner along with the two bolts in the hub holding the strut and rotate the strut body with your hand until you reach the desired height, tighten up all the nuts then check by dropping the car down and measuring from the centre of the wheel to the under side of the arch.
Old 05 October 2013, 11:16 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayp71
I've lowered mine today after fitting mine a couple of weeks ago somewhere near where I wanted them.

This is how I did mine today, slacken off the bottom nut with the C spanner along with the two bolts in the hub holding the strut and rotate the strut body with your hand until you reach the desired height, tighten up all the nuts then check by dropping the car down and measuring from the centre of the wheel to the under side of the arch.
Why did you do that? All you need to do is slacken the lower nut with the C spanner and using the other C spanner on the upper clamp nut, unscrew the strut to raise the ride height. (1 turn = 2mm) Re-tighten the lower clamp nut. Drive the car after adjustments to settle the springs before re-checking
It took me a number of adjustments to get the ride height on each corner ok. You MUST be on perfectly level ground when checking the ride height. Any unevenness will throw the measurements.
Don't forget that the car should have a slight nose-down attitude for best speed stability.

JohnD