Notices

Set up advise

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2013, 09:34 AM
Mike GT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set up advise

Looking to buy a new set of wheels and I'm torn between...ROTA Grids.......ROTA Torque....ROTA GTR's or ROTA DRIFTS........

What wheel size would you recommend.....I'd prefer to stay with 17" but what ideal width and offset, as they need to clear my 4 pots......

Also has anyone got any settings I could try on my coilovers, I have a small amount of rear camber now ( pre-set...which ive left as is for now ) but the car is going for a full geometry setup on Friday this week...The coilovers I have are Monster Motorsport's ( if anybody knows of them )....

My concern is too much tyre scrub on the front, as I'm using 9mm spacers to give clearance to my brakes and I have some ( but not a lot ) of tyre rub on my wheel arch liners...hence a full geo setup this week and the fact I want a new set of wheels with the right offset....

Any help greatly appreciated
Old 23 September 2013, 04:00 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

If you will go with wider wheels,you will need to run camber bolts(front and rear) and I would say you will need rolled arches at front and rear

Not sure what size I would recommend,but I would speak with Mags@RTS without the question on the wheel size and what he recommend

Jura
Old 23 September 2013, 08:11 PM
Mike GT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont want to go wider than I have really, currently running 215's and i'm not rolling the arches either, as ive just had it repainted. Just need to know which would be a better fit without faffing around
Old 24 September 2013, 12:07 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike GT
I dont want to go wider than I have really, currently running 215's and i'm not rolling the arches either, as ive just had it repainted. Just need to know which would be a better fit without faffing around
Hi there

You are probably don't understand how it works,but without the rolled arches wheel will catch or will rub on full lock etc.

Rota Grid in 17" are available only in 9J
Rota Torque in 17" are available in 7.5J

Rota Torque 7.5JX17" should fit with camber bolts,but still think you will need get the arches rolled

Arch rolling will not damage the arches itself,if they're rolled correctly

Jura