Notices

Where for Geo advice/work near Sussex? JS Race Engineering? SMD? Gatwick Subaru?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2012, 01:54 PM
ex-lotus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where for Geo advice/work near Sussex? JS Race Engineering? SMD? Gatwick Subaru?

Hi,

I'm going to get my 06 wrx wagon serviced, plus godspeed brakes, BC coilovers and its geometry sorted.

I'd like one garage to do the lot ideally. But the most important thing to me is that it handles beautifully afterwards. Any ideas where I should take it to?

I've been thinking of SMD in Newhaven or JS Race Engineering in Chobham. Or possibly Gatwick Subaru - but I'd rule them out if they charge typically high dealer labour rates.

I'm not lowering for aesthetic reasons only if it improves the drive. I would like the car to corner much more flatly than it does at the moment, without turning it into a teeth rattler. It is used for enthusiastic daily drives for me and my wife, and wont be used on track. I was thinking that the original Subaru geo setup would probably be excellent (I wouldn't know - the car has had 45k miles to deviate from this). But a bit firmer and a bit lower. Not exactly specific am I!

I really need some good advice on what setup all round would be appropriate.

Cheers in advance for any tips

Last edited by ex-lotus; 12 August 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo