Notices

classic and blobeye steel track control arms

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2012, 07:39 PM
fido1414
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default classic and blobeye steel track control arms

Hi all. Can any one help???. The off side front bottom arm/track control arm has snapped on my Blobeye WRX Estate, Will the arms off a classic fit??? Any help will be much appreciated. Im in Wales (near Swansea) if there's any for sale. Thanks.
Old 01 April 2012, 12:15 AM
Dave Hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is subject to recall at subaru. Phone your nearest main dealer and tell them the arm has snapped and I'd expect them to be running about to help you out - it's a serious safety failure!

Hope you're ok anyway and had no dramas when it snapped.
Old 01 April 2012, 08:47 AM
Dave Hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given that subaru are recalling every impreza over this fault, and given that it is only luck you're not hitting them up for a wheelchair and house modifications for the rest of your life due to a fault they know about, I'd be looking for a bit of concern and goodwill from the dealer. Perhaps a phone call to subaru uk wouldn't go amiss? Raise hell (in a polite way) and get them to front the costs and provide a courtesty car.

I have no idea if classic arms fit a newage car ,I suspect that they don't though. There are several newage cars being broken and the lower arms seem to go for £50-£60 each. I'd want to replace both, if one has gone the other may not be far behind.
Old 01 April 2012, 03:26 PM
fido1414
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ime told that my car is not covered by the recall because it is an import!!! Is this true ? .