Notices

Tips for Geo Setup on a track day Spec C

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2012, 07:57 PM
555_STI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tips for Geo Setup on a track day Spec C

Finally after 6 months from putting a deposit on it I finally got my Spec C registered. So it was back with all the good bits.

This weekend I re-fitted the Racing Logics and messed around with a few other bits and pieces, obviously they are most likely totally misaligned now, so I've booked a laser 4 wheel alignment for next week. I already had quite a bit of torque steer before taking them off, and have a few tips to try once the alignment is done.

Does anyone have any specs/data on a good setup for a newage with coilovers? They said they'll help me put it exactly as I want it, but I am not sure exactly what that is, would be nice to get it set up properly if there is a better known geometry than the standard Subaru one.

Any ideas? Its going to be a pure track car (apart from driving to and from the track)

Also, one strange thing I noticed when changing over to standard and back is that on the passenger side rear strut, whoever fitted them used a camber bolt, bot not on the drivers side, is that normal? I figured it could be a track thing since if anyone recognises the car, its Shaun F's old white Spec C. Should I change this or leave as is?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02 April 2012, 09:39 AM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What tires will be you be using on track? What size, brand, model?

What size ARBs are you using?

Do you have other alignment bits (ALK, roll center adapters, etc.?)