Notices

Will Sti ARB's fit.....

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2012, 07:55 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Sti ARB's fit.....

Just wondering if anyone in the know, know's if standard newage Sti anti roll bars will be a straight fit to my newage Wrx wagon? Did a quick search but didn't turn up much.
Old 02 January 2012, 08:06 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think yes,if its from same year or similar year

Jura
Old 02 January 2012, 10:12 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

The wagon runs a narrow track set-up ( no flared arches ) so the rear bar may not fit, but you can improvise....

dunx
Old 03 January 2012, 09:53 AM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

That's what i had feared. How can this be improvised dunx?
The reason for poss changing them is i may be able to pick them up at a decent price, my wrx ones are as rusty as a rusty thing & i've got to remove them anyway to renew the rubber bushes which are on their last legs. I'm also looking to upgrade the drop links too.

Cheers.
Old 03 January 2012, 10:02 AM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

Front bars from an STi are wider and have a different bend at the tips. Your front droplinks will be at a very extreme angle if you attempt to fit. Rear bar, as stated above, is wider than the wagon. You can get away with using it but you'll have to mount the droplinks on the inside of the ARB rather than the outside.

all in all, not really ideal.
Old 03 January 2012, 11:25 AM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

No not really, sounds like a bit of a waste of time tbh then.

So looks like the best route would be, replace old bushes for new poly bushes, whilst standard ARB's are off, paint/powder coat them & re-fit. Would there still be any advantage to replacing drop links of aftermarket ones on standard ARB's?? The bushes are knackered not hem anyway so can't see it causing any harm?

Cheers for advice so far guys.
Old 03 January 2012, 08:30 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

Yes, on the cheap, order up some Whiteline poly bushings for your OEM ARB's. I use Whiteline's poly/alu droplinks on my wagon (KLC30 Front/KLC26 Rear). You won't be increasing your ARB rate but you they will engage quicker using the poly bushes and stiffer drop links. It actually feels like you uprated the bars. As the funds come in you can uprate your ARBs.

Trending Topics

Old 03 January 2012, 09:34 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

You say as funds allow, upgrade the ARB's - i thought we had concluded that this was not poss as the sti's items don't fit?
Old 04 January 2012, 09:05 AM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

You can buy aftermarket ARB's such as Whiteline's. They have wagon specific adjustable F/R ARB's available (BSF12Z - 22mm adjustable front bar, BSR33Z - 22mm adjustable rear bar or BSR33XZ - 24mm rear bar). They come with proper poly bushes. Wagons have a unique front ARB.

But STi spec'd bars (post Bug Eye), OEM or aftermarket will not fit properly on a wagon (or WRX saloon either). New Age Wagons and WRX saloon share the same rear ARB design (and endlink). However, I forgot to mention, Bug eye STi also used the same rear bar too (changed after this model year). They all used the "C" shaped rear droplink. Oh, just to be more confusing (or not!) all Classics share the same rear ARB shape (saloon or wagon) as New Age. So you can use the rear ARB off of any Impreza from 93-07 (non-STi after Bug Eye).

Last edited by Arnie_1; 04 January 2012 at 09:09 AM.