Notices

Suspension spacers and eibachs

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2011, 07:30 PM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension spacers and eibachs

I've decide to fit some -30mm Eibach pro lowering springs to my blob eye wrx. Not being the Prodrive ones I can tell that they will not correct the lower ride height of the rear suspension and may even emphasise it. I've noticed on US forums they talk about 'saggy butt' suspension spacers to increase the rear ride height in combination with springs. So:

1) Is it a good idea?
2) Where can I get them?
3) What is the difference in front/rear ride height (i.e. what thickness of spacer would I need)??

Thanks folks.
Old 11 December 2011, 12:25 AM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

The saggy butt spacers were originally developed by Paranoid Fabrications out of California. Here's more info and how to buy:

http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/...-butt-spacers/

They are an effective way to get the aesthetic ride height you want without buying new springs. The Eibach Pro kit springs usually dropped the car evenly, front and rear. So not a raked look with even fender gaps front and rear. It will look like your car has a saggy butt. You can only fit a certain thickness of spacer before you have to swap out the mounting studs. See the info on each product for more details.

Old 11 December 2011, 11:09 AM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply. I have found the supplier you mention and will order the longer bolts. Question is, would I need 1/2, 3/4 or 1 inch spacers to compensate for the height differential? I'm thinking 3/4 (about 18mm)...
Old 11 December 2011, 02:04 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

honestly, that's impossible to say without the springs installed on the car where you can see how much higher you want the rear. Perhaps do a search on your springs and see if anyone has some side views of those springs on your car. Maybe you can get a better estimate of how much you'll need to raise things in the rear.
Old 11 December 2011, 02:58 PM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

I've taken a best guess. The Eibach's lower the front 1.2" and the rear 1.0" so I reckon another 1/2" of rear spacer should level things out pretty well. Ordered. Will report back for future reference
Old 11 December 2011, 03:21 PM
Bad_HatHarry
Scooby Regular

I have the eibach's on my classic NiallWRX, i dont know if looking at the way mine sits would help, there some pictures of mine in second to last page in wagons stand up and show yourselves.
Old 11 December 2011, 04:49 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by NiallWRX
I've decide to fit some -30mm Eibach pro lowering springs to my blob eye wrx. Not being the Prodrive ones I can tell that they will not correct the lower ride height of the rear suspension and may even emphasise it. I've noticed on US forums they talk about 'saggy butt' suspension spacers to increase the rear ride height in combination with springs. So:

1) Is it a good idea?
2) Where can I get them?
3) What is the difference in front/rear ride height (i.e. what thickness of spacer would I need)??

Thanks folks.
The Eibach springs lower the front and rear by slightly different amounts,I have them on a Blob WRX, car sits fine, pert rear.