Notices

Wheel camber front STI 04

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2011, 02:45 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel camber front STI 04

Can anyone please show me a pic of the head of the bolt that adjusts the front camber on the strut ? I know it's a bit much to ask but if anyone can help that would be great. I need to know where the bolt is pointing on a standard car so I can get a rough idea of where to set the camber any side will do it's the top bolt that holds the hub to strut, and has the number 10 on it cheers
Pete.
Old 24 November 2011, 03:02 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you already removed your bolts? If not I mark them before removal and put them back exactly where they came from.
Old 24 November 2011, 03:15 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Yeah so do I, but this car has had the camber set to max and it drives like a pig and has worn the inside of the front tyres bald I'm going to get a full alignment done but need to get new tyres fitted tomorow for MOT so just need a safe setting for now cheers anyway mate.
Old 24 November 2011, 03:24 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Damn I use my iphone to roughly set my own camber after calibrating it and making sure the car is perfectly level.

I adjusted it last winter and it's been good as gold since With the front wheels in the air I set it to -2.5 degrees of camber on both sides I think. I know you can't set the camber with the wheels off the floor so I set it to that so both sides matched (cambers were visably different on the front before) and when I lowered it onto the ground and the suspension settled it looked perfect.

I've never measured what that actually gave me but I've had no issues and at least it doesn't look odd anymore.

It's a good fix until you get the alignment done as a quick fix
Old 24 November 2011, 03:53 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Wow how useful is an iPhone, thanks paulo the manual says -0 25 deg For STI -0 15 deg for a gx Ive managed to look at the front strut on a gx so I'll copy that for now see how it drives thanks for your help.
Old 24 November 2011, 04:01 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

The iphone gives you a reasonably accurate spirit level down to .1 of a degree so it's closer than doing it by eye Not perfect I'm sure but it'll be reasonably close.