Notices

Help with Apex/bc coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2011, 04:23 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Apex/bc coilovers

Guys i had them on my 2003 wrx for about 3 months now, I started getting a knocking noise on drivers rear, I had a look and it appeared the nut that holds the top mount on had moved and that was causing the knocking, Now i rung Apex and Kev is sending me 2 new top mounts as there have had a few with this problem, Now this is great but im concerned will i need to have another 4 wheel laser alignment?
Old 07 October 2011, 08:12 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

Yes you will need a new alignment! When you say the rear nut has "moved" are you saying it has loosened up? Its pretty typical for BC coilovers' center nut to loosen up within the first few months of operation. Easiest fix is to snug down on that center nut. See if that helps with the noise. It only takes a wee bit of looseness to get a significant knocking noise.
Old 07 October 2011, 08:58 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arnie_1
Yes you will need a new alignment! When you say the rear nut has "moved" are you saying it has loosened up? Its pretty typical for BC coilovers' center nut to loosen up within the first few months of operation. Easiest fix is to snug down on that center nut. See if that helps with the noise. It only takes a wee bit of looseness to get a significant knocking noise.
No its tight, Apparently its a problem BC have had with a batch of coilovers, So just for changing the top mounts for new ones (exactly the same) I will need another alignment? Well guess there can pay for that as well then
Old 07 October 2011, 11:06 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

In order to replace the tophat you need to remove the strut. removing the strut will alter your alignment, respectively your camber will change since the rear struts are slightly slotted. You could mark your rear strut/knuckle position and try to get it to that when you reinstall it. Toe won't change much, if at all.