Notices

Another (Slightly Different) ARB Set Up Question!

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2011, 12:28 PM
Twin Fields
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another (Slightly Different) ARB Set Up Question!

I have a 2002 Bugeye Wagon and was thinking about the ARB's and what to do with my own car regarding eliminating some of the body roll and understeer!

Most of the driving I do on my own is of a brisk nature on the road and will always be on the road, no track days planned for this car.

So I don't necessarily need a Go Kart set up or anything that's gonna set me back a fortune.

Having read many posts on SN on this very subject I understand that Whiteline product seem very popular and reasonable value for money and with that in mind I was considering upgrading the rear ARB to an adjustable 22mm bar, whilst leaving the front as standard but changing both front and rear drop links to Whiteline or maybe the CDF Racing set, as they look very nice, again barring in mind what I said about just trying to improve the handling for the road.

Any thoughts?
Old 06 June 2011, 01:38 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a good upgrade path. You'll notice better turn in, less understeer, and less roll. Car will feel much more nimble.

Start off at full soft setting then when you are used to it, adjust it to the next stiffest, etc.

You won't have an oversteering monster but you'll note a fun improvement in the car with no ride quality penalites.
Old 06 June 2011, 06:23 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Best value mod on my car was the rear adjustable Whiteline ARB.

Wagon is a different fitting to the saloon, purchase with care !

dunx

P.S. Don't forget decent tyres !
Old 06 June 2011, 09:53 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

WRX Wagon and Saloon rear ARBs are the same fitment. Front bars are indeed different. Whiteline only offer a maximum of 22mm adjustable for the front bar. Saloon have 22, 24 and 27mm adjustable bars for front.
Old 06 June 2011, 10:51 PM
Twin Fields
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Best value mod on my car was the rear adjustable Whiteline ARB.

Wagon is a different fitting to the saloon, purchase with care !

dunx

P.S. Don't forget decent tyres !

I've just been out and had a look under my Bugeye (GX) Wagon and too my horror is hasnt even got a rear ARB fitted!

I've had a look at the Whiteline online catalogue and see that they offer an ARB with the part No: BSR47Z and the application notes say "Without OE Sway Bar - 2 point adjustable".

Is this the ARB I would need for my vehicle and if so how does it fit to the car if there isn't an original ARB to replace?

I'm confused, this isn't quite what I expected when I thought bout improving the handling.
Old 06 June 2011, 11:02 PM
Twin Fields
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Twin Fields
I've just been out and had a look under my Bugeye (GX) Wagon and too my horror is hasn't even got a rear ARB fitted!

I've had a look at the Whiteline online catalogue and see that they offer an ARB with the part No: BSR47Z and the application notes say "Without OE Sway Bar - 2 point adjustable".

Is this the ARB I would need for my vehicle and if so how does it fit to the car if there isn't an original ARB to replace?

I'm confused, this isn't quite what I expected when I thought bout improving the handling.
I think I've answered my own question when I found this online!

http://www.whiteline.com.au/instruction/Z176_BSR13.pdf
Old 06 June 2011, 11:03 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

yeah, that must have been a shock! You should have, on the rear frame rails threaded holes where the ARB mounting brackets would go. However, the rear lateral links might not have the proper bracket to mount the rear drop link. Can you post up a pic of your rear lateral link? At least we can say whether or not you'll need a solution for that.
Old 06 June 2011, 11:05 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

yup, that's the part! It might be special order though. Can't imagine they'd sell many.

but that is definitely an easier solution than, say, buying/installing new lateral links with the proper bracket.