Notices

Knackered camber set up - what next?

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2011, 08:32 PM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knackered camber set up - what next?

I have a 97 UK turbo with camber bolts on the rear.

My friend had a bit of an off on a roundabout hit & broke the rear nearside suspension.

He had it rebuilt but Ive just changed the shocks and with my camber bolts I can get 1 degree camber the right way on the off side but the best I get on the near side is 1degree the WRONG way

Im guessing he slightly bent something, either the lateral suspension arms or the mounting points, not that anything looks wrong.

Question: is there an adjustable upgrade I can get to give me more than the camber bolts allow? Is there adjustable bottom suspension arms?

Cheers
Old 03 March 2011, 04:12 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can either have bent lateral links, bent strut, bent knuckle, bent trailing arm or all of the above! Put a straight edge on the lateral links to see if they are bent. Same goes for the strut. A bent knuckle is much harder to see. Basically if you replace all the components on that corner and you still can't get the alignment right, you have a bent knuckle.

You can use camber bolts, to an extent, to get camber back to a reasonable level but it might not be enough. And its better to have properly straight parts on there.
Old 04 March 2011, 08:10 AM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely the hub is bent its quite common, but as stated above check the other items but I suspect you will ultimately need to change the hub.