Notices

Inverted prodrive shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2010, 11:00 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inverted prodrive shocks

Just fitted a set of inverted prodrive/Bilstein shocks with blue eibach springs to my classic, anyone else find them bloody awful or is it just me? they crash and bang and feel to bottom out very easy, maybe they are worn or is that just how they?

The slightest pot hole feels like a crater and at speed on B roads feels very boat like and bottoms out on heavy landings.
Old 08 July 2010, 11:14 PM
Flib
Scooby Regular

Ive got the same setup on my ra i`ve always thought it rolls and wallows far to much.

Andy
Old 08 July 2010, 11:21 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

I had KYB streets before and I thought these would a bit softer/better ride as the KYB's were very hard but these don't give you any confidence to push on like the KYB's did. The RA soon gets past 80 on B roads so maybe we are asking to much of them

I may move the rear bar up a notch and see if that helps with the roll but I can see them coming off very soon. Need to stop messing and leave the blooy thing alone
Old 08 July 2010, 11:38 PM
Flib
Scooby Regular

I`m with you 100% on the not giving you confidence in the car.. it just dosnt feel quite right, and thats with my rear arb on the hardest setting. (fun in the wet though)

i`ve got some bc coilovers in the boot at the moment waiting to go on, hopefully this should improve things
Old 09 July 2010, 12:40 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Fitted my RA springs this morning and thats made a big difference, it's like a diferent car, still a soft for me but different car altogether
Old 18 September 2010, 07:41 AM
Creepy
Scooby Regular

I just installed Bilstein (WR) shocks and Eibach P1 springs to my Classic, I find them the shizz-nitz !
Before I had Kayaba AGX with original springs but after 160k miles they were, softly said, completely shod...

It is true that the car feels softer but this means I can drive faster on broken tarmac, wich we have A LOT here in Belgium.
I also like it that they are way more comfortable on low speeds, not that jiggly behaviour anymore like the AGX did.

Ride height is unchanged, this means that my original springs were also worn, but I don't mind as I do not like lowered cars....