Notices

BCs got quieter. ummm

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2010, 12:35 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BCs got quieter. ummm

okay, so ive had my BCs on for around a month almost. ive read that there was a lot of ppl who get loud knocking and clunky sounds from the rear. for me, it was the front that was noisy.
but for some reason the other day, the BCs seemed to sort itself out. its a lot better, and ive not adjusted anything.
i only drive the car twice a week, do they settle themselves in after some driving???

wiley
Old 27 April 2010, 02:23 PM
Ann@apex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The coilovers do settle in but I would not expect this to make any difference with regards to the noise if it was problematic coilovers.

I suspect that there has been some other issue elsewhere that has settled. For example, when the car has been jacked up to fit the coilovers, the arm bushes will have changed their postion but when the coilovers have been fitted then it has been put back on the ground, they have not sat in the previous possition but have now settled back in reducing the noise.

We have had many people that have found oddities with the car and suspected the coilovers were faulty because of the other thread. These have ranged from spanners in the boot to loose spare wheels and jacks.

If the noise does return and you suspect that it is the coilovers, feel free to call on 01274 683633 for further advice.