Notices

Classic Bump Steer

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2010, 02:33 PM
tjmatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Bump Steer

Read a lot about bump steer since the car suffers a lot from it but haven't got under the car to measure everything to work out whats wrong to go about the best way to solve it. I hear power station shim the rack but does anyone know how much up or down is required?

If the weather is better of the weekend then I might get underneath and have a look. I was thinking of checking rack is in the center compared to wishbone pivot points, track rod ends are the same length, if so then bring the rack to the height which minimises the change in length as a result of the suspension going up or down.

Anyone done this with any success or end up just taking it somewhere? Car is classic all very standard height etc. If there is an easy solution with a reasonable amount of improvement (e.g. shim rack 2mm) I'd probably just give that a go.

Btw - driving to power station is not an option.
Old 08 April 2010, 02:53 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car used to suffered from bump steer quiet badly when pressing on . i have eibach coilovers fitted with eibach front and rear anti roll bars. 18" pff7 wheels with 40 profile tyres. i fitted whiteline anti lift kit and whiteline roll centre adjustment kit and had a 4 wheel alighment done and it made a massive differance pretty much got rid of bump steer

Last edited by mr terzo; 08 April 2010 at 02:54 PM.