Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2010, 03:55 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Powerstation stage 2

After much deliberating i have decided to have a look at the Powerstation
stage 2 suspension for my 04 wrx.Has anybody had this fitted? What other companies offer the same type of setup? Does anyone know what make arb's Powerstation use?
Old 27 February 2010, 05:56 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other companies offer similar packages if you tell them what you require. Powerstation use Whiteline stuff.
PowerStation
I have just come off Eibach springs for coilovers but there is nothing wrong with that package you have your eye on.
Old 05 March 2010, 09:36 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

anyone know where i can get a good deal on a similar setup to the powerstation one. I want to compere prices before i buy.
Old 08 March 2010, 10:56 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

i bought all bits(whiteline) from cusco kid on scoobynet(TOP BLOKE) and had fitted at powerstation last year and dont like to say it but its sh1te set up,now am gonna get done at chevron motorsport as been very much advised to let simon there set it up.i have bc coilovers,rear whiteline arb,rear whiteline drop links,whiteline alk,and roll centre kit,when powerstation fitted all this stuff they left TWO bolts loose in the coilovers,also they did not use any camber bolts suggesting a basic prodrive setup was dialed in,now i do not understand whats involved in a good suspension set up but know its not on my car ! it feels numb and dull in its handling capabilities and when power is put down hard from standstill she skips out from the rear and is snappy when comes off the throttle.i cant wait to have it redone,hth
Old 09 March 2010, 03:25 AM
daijones
Scooby Regular

I had the powerstation stage 2 fitted to my 05 WRX, was very happy with it. When that got written off and I got a 56 WRX I went straight back to powerstation and got the stage 2 kit fitted to that. I don't have any of the problems Carl reports, car feels a lot more stable than previously, less understeer, and puts the power down much better coming out of a corner with more steering feel. I've got a horrible feeling my struts are going, as they tend to do on scoobies. If they are, I'll be up to Powerstation again to get some coilovers fitted.

The advantage of going for one of the staged kits I guess is that they match the components to make sure they work together, and know how to make them work. If you buy parts yourself and get someone to fit them there's a risk that the parts won't work well together (I hasten to add, the combination Carl went with sounds good, I'm talking about the general case). If you do go that route, make sure whoever fits the parts has the proper facilities to do a full four wheel alignment, and experience in setting up Subarus. If you don't fancy Powerstation you might try calling Crossroads Subaru, they're by Shipston on Stour so only about 30 miles from Tewkesbury
Old 09 March 2010, 09:28 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

You can get the same bits from various suppliers for less then get it fitted by any number of specailsts for less than the Powerstation kit price. I did use Powerstation for a stage 1 power upgrade and they were very good, no real complaints but would I use them again? No - not knowing what I know now about the cars and the number of excellent smaller companies that can do the same for less.
Old 09 March 2010, 04:04 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

edit - ignore..
Old 12 March 2010, 11:34 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

i basically have that package now, apart from the front arb. i bought in bits though from various sources like this,
eibach springs- supplied and fitted £180 (2nd hand, done approx 1000 miles prev.)
cdf racing alk- £113 (GB) supplied, £50 fitted
rear 22mm arb- £145 supplied + £12.50 poly bushes on front, £40 fitted
4 wheel geom. setup- £75

all the above comes to £620.
powerstations prices do not include vat so £720 + vat would prob be about £860/900
point being yes you can do it for slightly less in stages but at the end of the day if you can do it in one hit then go for it! i find my car is much better for it.
Old 21 March 2010, 04:37 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

i think i will source the bits i need seperately then get them fitted then get a wheel alignment done.Powerstation are only 10 mins away but they seem to get negative feedback over their prices
Old 23 March 2010, 12:16 AM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

sorry to harp on folks but i have 3 different heights on the four corners too,(centre of wheel to arch)i will say that there was an improvement in understeer but with no camber bolts used on rear its not a massive difference on oe settings,and to leave bolts loose is just unnerving to say the least,give simon a call at chevron motorsport mate,it seems a more pesonal service,powerstation didnt even test what they had done in my car so what does that say ? its more about getting in and out if you ask me as powerstations premises are so big they have to i suppose,i prefer a one to one approach with the main "one" being my car only,a bespoke setting,just my example here lads and im not saying anything thats not true.
Old 27 March 2010, 11:56 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

wherabouts are Chevron based?
Old 28 June 2010, 10:19 AM
crossroadssubarugarage
Scooby Newbie

we run AST shocks on one of our demo cars and we run a full race set up on our CR465 its the 3 way ones with fully adjustable top mounts
Old 28 June 2010, 05:16 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Litchfield also does AST
Old 28 June 2010, 09:47 PM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

chevron are at stafford and trust me they are the best, simon set my 06 sti up he is a top bloke and a good old fashioned mechanic who really knows his stuff, he is responsible for setting up mr john beeches time attack car up and lots of rally cars up, tell him steve from nottingham has sent you, im sure he will look after you, if you want his phone number just pm me, cheers steve...