Front O/S Knocking - Diagnosed, Repaired, disapointed with Whiteline

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2009, 01:40 AM
DeweyAXD
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front O/S Knocking - Diagnosed, Repaired, disapointed with Whiteline

So today I managed to diagnose and repair what seems to be a common problem albeit with a little disapoinment.

Just 3 months ago I fitted new Eibach 24mm ARB's, Whiteline Ally Droplinks on the rear and the KC39 Spherical Rose Joint droplinks at the front.

3 months and not even a thousand miles later and I get this annoying knocking noise off the front o/s at low speeds over bumps.... got me worried that the ARB had tightened the suspension and screwed the ball joint or something cause there was NO way the droplinks could be shot.... oh was i wrong!

Got under there today and removed them and i was really gutted at the speed they have loosened despite greasing them up.

I've of course now read the various forums and found that this is not a first for these to give out so soon.

So i had a look at the original ones and i'm of a firm belief that they are just as good if not better than the Whiteline product for general road use. The rubber boot is much better and clearly keeps the dirt out and the grease in.

I'm going to E-mail Whiteline to discuss but thought i'd post this in case others have this issue.

In fairness they are probably for race/track use and hence need overhauling like every 2 weeks but other that the adjustablility if you uprate your ARB and have rose joints already fitted that are nice and firm still then stick with them.

Keeping the people up to speed! :-) .... and of course others have never ever had this problem which i totally appreciate - maybe just a bad bunch but again worth noting.
Old 23 March 2009, 09:16 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drop links

In fairness they are probably for race/track use and hence need overhauling like every 2 weeks but other that the adjustablility if you uprate your ARB and have rose joints already fitted that are nice and firm still then stick with them.

hi m8 had a look at your post about whiteline drop links the links you should use are klc 32 pics below

these are alloy type with spacers provided to allow the fit to sti bottom arms
or klc 30 for steel bottom arms ..
cheers geo
Old 23 March 2009, 10:32 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

The std items are much better, as for overhauling rose joints you cant.

But they are cheap to replace if you know where to go.
Old 24 March 2009, 12:47 AM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 172sport
The std items are much better, as for overhauling rose joints you cant.

But they are cheap to replace if you know where to go.
the standard item are not as strong as the alloy d/links ,i have seen a few break with uprated roll bars esp 24mm front because of the roll stiffness going up mucho percento
geo
Old 24 March 2009, 10:16 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I did ! But Whiteline sent me a replacement set for free....

BUT ! Despite my best attentions they started knocking again, so I got my replacements of Geo (cusco kid) at a decent price. See picture above.

Wouldn't fit them if they were given to me, more annoyingly I can't say my car feels any different with the poly-bushed replacements, but IT IS SO QUIET !

dunx
Old 26 March 2009, 11:32 AM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

my rose jointing links ripped apart when going up my mates driveway

i bought replacements for them for 1/4 the price from a bearing place near me and they are MUCH better than they was !