Notices

Bumpsteer Mod@Powerstation

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2002, 04:30 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Some of you may remember me posting about me hitting a pothole in the P1 and knocking the suspension out of alignment.
Well, I decided to take the car to Powerstation and get the alignment and suspension checked aswell as getting the bumpsteer mod done at the same time.
I took the car to Powerstation on Weds morning and let Nick perform all the checks. This showed the NSF axle toe to be -0.21' and the OSF axle -0.10'. Camber on the NSF axle was -0.55'. The damage caused was light. Phew! .

The rest of the check showed that the car was 'crabbing' slightly with an overall Geometrical driving axis of +0.05' and in general terms, not surprised I had severe understeer characteristics.
So, everything was re-aligned and the bumpsteer mod completed.

I have since covered approx. 200 miles and all I can say is wow! . I didn't relise how much a difference the mod would make. The car is now stunning in corners. I fin it very hard to get the car to understeer, even in the wet. Infact I haven't managed to get the car to understeer yet. It has weighted up the steering in the corners and more noticeably on the straight ahead. The chassis now loads up beautifully with the extra grip and turn-in, where as before the tyres were letting go before the chassis. So in summary one of the best value for money mod available. Confidence inspiring!

Thanks to Nick@Powerstation for the work and chat(s) and thanks to Kurt for the tea! Nice people and experience.

Paul
Old 23 February 2002, 09:00 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

just put 18's on mine today, next mod has got to be this , how much and how long did it take ?
mark
Old 23 February 2002, 09:39 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

What exactly does the bumpsteer mod entail?
Old 25 February 2002, 11:14 AM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Smile

Mark, for pricing, I suggest you speak to Powerstation for a quote. It took approx 2.5 hrs. But that was with a lot of talking and Nick explaining what he was doing and why.

Andrew, I am no expert when it comes to suspension engineering and explanations. May I suggest you do a search here for a technical explanation. I know it has been discussed many times before.
Old 27 February 2002, 02:05 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

i hear a lot about the bumpsteer mod. I have no clue as to what it is and how much it costs, so can you give moer information?

cheers

Eagle7

Ooops i just read the other thread where it is described! oh well.....

[Edited by Eagle7 - 2/27/2002 2:15:49 AM]