Whiteline Classic ALK

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2008, 06:41 PM
mattwrxCS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiteline Classic ALK

Hi all,

Came to fit my anti lift kit to my RA. I got instructions with them, which look pretty straight forward. Trouble is, i can't get the wishbone front bolt back though as the AL bush sits lower and the hole no longer lines up?

It also tells you to fit then tighten up when the car is in driven position (on the ground) how the hell do you get a socket in behind the bush to tighten the thing up to the correct torque?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers.
Old 19 September 2008, 09:26 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattwrxCS
Hi all,

Came to fit my anti lift kit to my RA. I got instructions with them, which look pretty straight forward. Trouble is, i can't get the wishbone front bolt back though as the AL bush sits lower and the hole no longer lines up?

It also tells you to fit then tighten up when the car is in driven position (on the ground) how the hell do you get a socket in behind the bush to tighten the thing up to the correct torque?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers.
hi m8 first what is the part no of your alk
why did you remove the front wishbone bolt .you should only have to remove the rear bushing then fit the alk in place

the front bolt should be left in bush ,then fit the alk then drop car down on road and tighten rear nylok 22mm nut up ////or jack up car and drop it on to axle stands under the wishbones /this does the same putting weight on to the suspension then tig /up nyloc nut geo
Old 20 September 2008, 06:34 PM
mattwrxCS
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

I took the bolt out because i couldn't get the arm down enough to get the bush on/off, kit is at work, i'll get the no. and check it. How did you tighten the rear nut? i can only get the socket on as there is no room?