Notices

Can anyone Help

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2001, 01:04 AM
jayz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a my94 import,had it about six months now,started to notice some time last week that when i go over speed bump front suspension is making a sqidgy noise, the car when i drive seems not to be so responsive as when i first got it.Also seems to be hitting holes on road hard and jumping all over place,Anyone got any ideas what might be,Lockyears who service my car said that supension was harder than norm and that at some point suspension has been upgraded making car sit lower.But they thought when they took for test drive that everything seemed ok, I think its getting worse slowly,Any sugestions welcome. Jayz.
Old 16 December 2001, 03:33 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Did the garage check the shocks for leaks? Sounds like knackered dampers to me.
Old 24 December 2001, 11:12 AM
Ken E
Scooby Regular

Jayz

I have a MY95 WRX and get a similar noise from the offside when I go over a speed bump. This was first pointed out to me last week by the garage who look after it, and they reckon it is the first signs of wear in the strut.

Ken
Old 24 December 2001, 06:34 PM
jayz
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I think you could be right ken,Mine are definately getting worse,trouble is is it worth splashing out a bit more and having a decent setup done,i think mine have been upgraded at some point in time.Merry Christmas.
Old 01 January 2002, 11:00 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

before fiddling with the suspension suggest that you check your tyres - make, brand, tread wear and pressures.

I originally had Bridgestones, one with a slow leak, and they tram-lined like crazy - followed any slight imperfection in the road.

Fitted different tyres (Falkens) - and problem solved

.... then fitted lowered, harder suspension
Old 01 January 2002, 11:52 AM
Ederijke
Scooby Regular

I think it also may have something to do with outside temperature.
I have Intrax suspension (springs and dampers and lowered 2cm) on my Euro spec MY98 and it seems to me that when it's cold this setup is getting stiffer by a lot.

Also when my tirepressure (now 2.5 bar front, 2.4 rear) is lowered by 0.1 to 0.2 bar I get the effect that the front wheels start to crash into potholes, instead of roll over it.
Not much of a techy explanation but this is what I noticed.

So check your tirepressure. And try what happens with different temperatures.

Eric