Notices

scoobyclinic - full goemetry set up

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2006, 08:20 AM
MSM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scoobyclinic - full goemetry set up

the wife & i took a trip to scoobyclinic yesterday to have a full geometry set up done on my03 sti uk ppp. the front tyres had lasted about 7000 miles, with the offside front being the worst - worn on both edges. the car also felt light & skittish to drive.
the job was done, the bill paid & off we went. i thought i had driven off in someone elses car, what a difference, the steering was precise with a lot more positive feedbac through the steering wheel.

top job scoobyclinic

one thing though as we drove into what seemed the middle of nowhere the wife said "i hope this is not a wind up - you know one of these places where they knock you on the head & nick your car"

cheers again & hope to see you again

roger
Old 25 November 2006, 11:20 AM
my 93
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MSM
the wife & i took a trip to scoobyclinic yesterday to have a full geometry set up done on my03 sti uk ppp. the front tyres had lasted about 7000 miles, with the offside front being the worst - worn on both edges. the car also felt light & skittish to drive.
the job was done, the bill paid & off we went. i thought i had driven off in someone elses car, what a difference, the steering was precise with a lot more positive feedbac through the steering wheel.

top job scoobyclinic

one thing though as we drove into what seemed the middle of nowhere the wife said "i hope this is not a wind up - you know one of these places where they knock you on the head & nick your car"

cheers again & hope to see you again

roger
Good news then, hopefully i'll be picking my car up from the clinic today (been there a week) KYB shocks, Eibach Springs, Geometry setup, 22m Whiteline adj ARB rear, from n rear ally droplinks and anti lift kit so looking for a good improvement
Old 25 November 2006, 02:51 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Glad you're happy with it mate, must get a geom set up on mine sorted after Xmas.

Cold up there yesterday wasn't it! (I was the chap with the very steamy white classic STi! )
Old 25 November 2006, 04:49 PM
MSM
Scooby Regular

daft lad - hope you didnt get any strange looks on your way home with all that steam coming from under your bonnet - the look on your face when the mechanic came back after the test drive and made a run for the pressure hose was a picture - hope yours is now ok - may see you down at the clinic again i think i fancy a remap or something to get a bit more power
Old 25 November 2006, 06:14 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Its absolutely fine now mate yes, think all that steam was the last of the antifreeze burning off the header wrapping, and yes it was just a bit unnerving for a few moments!

Full decat and remap on yours would certainly add a few extra horses mate!