Notices

Anti Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2006, 08:17 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Anti Roll Bar

Just found out my front anti roll bar mounts are knackered on my RB5.

Is it worth replacing the mounts for new ones as seen a set of powerflex on ebay for £40, or get a newer uprated one with mounts, etc

Currently got a whiteline adjustable one from Powerstation on the rear, and wondered if it would benefit from changing the front and justify the cost.

Thanks Phill
Old 16 October 2006, 06:27 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slightly contentious this:

I had Whiteline 22mm uprated bars/mounts/bushes front and rear on my Sti v3 for 3 years, rear set to middle hole, and the car was very nice.
Many here say this combination spoils the effect of the rear bar, but I beg to disagree (put my tin hat on now).

But; if the car ran as you liked it to, just replace the bushes with Powerflex units.

Graham
Old 16 October 2006, 07:06 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 911
Slightly contentious this:

I had Whiteline 22mm uprated bars/mounts/bushes front and rear on my Sti v3 for 3 years, rear set to middle hole, and the car was very nice.
Many here say this combination spoils the effect of the rear bar, but I beg to disagree (put my tin hat on now).

But; if the car ran as you liked it to, just replace the bushes with Powerflex units.

Graham
Graham,

Thanks for the input mate

Most appreciated. Anyone else please?

Thanks Phill
Old 16 October 2006, 08:12 PM
charlesk
Scooby Regular

I'll agree with Graham on this...

I also run 22mm adjustable bars front and rear (both at hardest setting), and find the balance spot on, on my typeR. Each car/driver has different settings that work depending on conditions/driving style.

There is a high degree of personal comfort/preference involved in handling mods, and what is right for you might not be right for someone else.

If the balance of the car is right then don't bother with another front bar. If it is to oversteery/lifting up an inside rear easyly then a stiffer front will help.
Old 17 October 2006, 06:11 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by charlesk
I'll agree with Graham on this...

I also run 22mm adjustable bars front and rear (both at hardest setting), and find the balance spot on, on my typeR. Each car/driver has different settings that work depending on conditions/driving style.

There is a high degree of personal comfort/preference involved in handling mods, and what is right for you might not be right for someone else.

If the balance of the car is right then don't bother with another front bar. If it is to oversteery/lifting up an inside rear easyly then a stiffer front will help.
To be honest the understeer / oversteer balance is just how I like it at the moment. Nice and predictable

I think it probably best to renew the bushes then and not the whole anti roll bar. Would like to try one though, just to see

Phill
Old 17 October 2006, 08:53 PM
typeRv4
Scooby Regular

I also run 22mm adj bars front and rear + tein adjustables. On my Type R

Front on Hard - Rear in the middle. Found the rear hard setting abit to harsh for some roads. But thats the beauty of an adjustable setup...

Contary to alot of people - i put the rear on first then the front. Really liked what the front bar gave to the car. Alot more mid corner grip i tht

Last edited by typeRv4; 17 October 2006 at 08:58 PM.