Notices

Suggestions to improve on STI V handling

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2006, 09:04 PM
tarmacterrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions to improve on STI V handling

Hello, interested to hear from people that have improved the handling of a STI V. Any info appreciated. Thanks Andy.
Old 19 September 2006, 11:33 PM
MR400
Scooby Regular

Tarmac, I did reply with what I believed to be a helpful suggestion but it looks to have disappeared??
Old 20 September 2006, 12:30 AM
Subie Gal
Scooby Regular

Cool

what do you do with the car?

what's your goal?

I've got upgraded sway bars (larger) front and rear +
Whiteline Group 4 coil overs (similar to AST) and my Impreza handles GREAT!

There are lots of suggestions if we only knew a little more about what your goals are as far as handling goes....

Jamie
Old 20 September 2006, 01:55 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

lots of whiteline goodies will greatly improve
Old 20 September 2006, 10:04 PM
tarmacterrorist
Scooby Regular

Hello people
Sorry for the late response as thought the question had died or people were not interested but thanks for the response.

Okay, I was going to sell the car but now I need brakes so have spent 650 & then thought I might as well keep the car for another year. I already have a full decat & will be getting Andy F to remap to a sensible level. The idea is to be able to have a blast every now & then in the country & possibly try a track day which is why I wondered about changing bits of the suspension to help with slightly higher road speeds.

Cheers Andy.
Old 22 September 2006, 12:59 PM
coolgrey sti
Scooby Newbie

hello tarmac, I have an Sti V and did a bit of research before modding the suspension. I found out that the P1 uses Sti V shockers and special eibach springs so I fitted a new set of P1 springs and had the prodrive geometry settings installed. Hey presto you would now have P1 suspension without spending an arm and a leg. A very worthwhile mod as well, transformed the handling no end. Next mod I had done was whiteline rear antiroll bar on middle setting and whiteline solid rear drop links. This tightened up the handling even more and reduced understeer quite a bit. Last mod was to go to Powerstation ( where else! ) and have an anti-lift kit fitted and bump steer mod with their suspension and geometry settings. This made a big change to the handling of the car. Very tight turn in and understeer virtually non existent. If you live a long way from Powerstation it is well worth the trip. I live in Farnborough, Hants. Hope all this info helps.
Regards Ray
Old 22 September 2006, 07:43 PM
tarmacterrorist
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ray

Thanks vey much for the info. Where did you get the whiteline gear from ?
It has been in the back of my mind to have a trip to Powerstation for the geometry. If you dont mind telling me, where did you get the whiteline gear fitted ?

Cheers Andy.

Trending Topics

Old 23 September 2006, 06:56 PM
coolgrey sti
Scooby Newbie

hello tarmac, got the rear antiroll bar and drop links supplied and fitted at Subaru 4you in Newbury but if you're going to Powerstation you can get it all done there as they're Whiteline agents.
regards Ray
Old 24 September 2006, 10:11 PM
Mocom Racing
Former Sponsor

For road use and the occasional trackday just add uprated anti roll bars (front and rear) and ARB links, this will lessen the roll without compromising the on road performance often seen with set-ups that are too stiff.

Check out our suspension section for some of the options available.

Adjustable top mounts will transform the handling and vastly improve the steering feel although they can add 10-15mm to the ride height so are not recommended without height adjustable struts or a change in spring to compensate.

Above all else get a good geometry set-up and don't overlook the tyres
Old 25 September 2006, 12:53 AM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

with whiteline stuff its very easy to install it all yourself as with arb changing it needs to be done at ride hight position so can be done laying on your back on rear also you can do rear drop links at the same time. your front arb and links are better been changed on a drive-on ramp as you wont fit under on floor. with anti lift this is also easy to fit as was going to fit this to mine but desided not to as to me it doesn't look to change anything that much wanted more opinions from people that had these changed on there own not with arbs or links anyone?

also heres link to whiteline so you can get product codes for your car http://www.whiteline.com.au/

you can get them from most even if not listed on there site ones i know are roger clark if you phone, scoobyparts, scoobyclinic, and demon tweeks but make sure there in stock
Old 25 September 2006, 06:33 AM
coolgrey sti
Scooby Newbie

hello again tarmac, as a matter of interest Powerstation do not advise changing the front antiroll bar on Sti models as it is beefed up anyway, ditto the front drop links. Give them a ring or e-mail them, they're very helpful.
Regards Ray
Old 25 September 2006, 11:25 PM
tarmacterrorist
Scooby Regular

Thanks for replies
As I have no tools etc I will probably head up to Powerstation where I can also get the geometry setup. Will also look at the other suggestions before making a final decision. Thanks again Andy.
Old 26 September 2006, 01:21 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tarmacterrorist
Thanks for replies
As I have no tools etc I will probably head up to Powerstation where I can also get the geometry setup. Will also look at the other suggestions before making a final decision. Thanks again Andy.
You say head up to powerstation mate.. where are you?

Why not give Mocom a call, based in Essex, Fast road and track prep, geometry setups are his specialty.
Old 26 September 2006, 07:05 PM
tarmacterrorist
Scooby Regular

Good point. Will look them up to see how far it is. Probably a lot nearer to me as I am near Bromley (Kent). Will give them a call to see what they can do regards quotes. Cheers Andy.