help please

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2006, 09:55 PM
cmpequeno
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

hello,

does anyone has KW V1 on their scooby? how the hell can I adjust the rear camber? I have already bought 2 different pairs of bolts and none of them works. the 2 upper holes on the struts are larger ( I think slang is the word... ) than the 2 lower holes.
in front only one upper hole is slanged but at the rear the two upper holes are slanged... is this ok or there might be a mistake by KW? I don't know how can I adjust the rear camber, getting really frustrated...
Old 15 August 2006, 12:50 AM
DuncanG
Scooby Regular

They've got slotted holes to allow camber adjustment with standard bolts. They will need to be very tight not to slip, but they should be very tight in any case.

So why cant you adjust the camber?
Old 15 August 2006, 11:06 AM
cmpequeno
Scooby Regular

but, that way isn't harder for the"alignment man" to set the right camber? with camber bolts, like in front would be a lot easier.
Old 15 August 2006, 02:27 PM
DuncanG
Scooby Regular

Sure the cam bolts make it easier but the aftermarket bolts available for the rear are much weaker than the standard bolts (but seem to be strong enough). You'd need to ask KW why they slotted the holes, but its not an uncommon practice in motorsport. It really shouldnt be that much harder for a competent aligner to adjust.
Old 15 August 2006, 04:24 PM
cmpequeno
Scooby Regular

I used to run them at the max, -2', but I was told that wears the cv joint and bearings very fast...