Notices

Prodrive Upgrade - Bilsteins & Eibachs

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2006, 07:36 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Prodrive Upgrade - Bilsteins & Eibachs

Anyone know if the P1 set up is the same as the dealer upgrade offered to owners of classics? The upgraded dampers were stickered "Prodrive Sti" and came with blue springs.

If not, can the upgraded dampers be revalved to match the P1 dampers and if so what values are the P1's set to? What are the spring rates of the P1 set up?

Thanks!
Old 14 August 2006, 10:31 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The P1 suspension is standard STiV inverted dampers and Eibach springs (to Prodrive's specs), very different to the prodrive suspension.

Getting into revalving dampers etc will cost £££s and to be honest won't be worth it. Best to just find a used set of P1 suspension (Prodrive upgrade is rare).

Tony.
Old 14 August 2006, 11:15 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that. At the moment I just need to know if the P1 set up the same as the dealer upgrade, which I have. I'm not concerned with the Prodrive Professional kit, which I understand is a completely different kettle of fish.

The reason I ask is that I need to replace my current suspension set up of KYB coilovers, which are knackered. I have the Bilstein/Eibach set up which was on the car originally (dealer upgrade, not off a P1). The nsr strut was sticking which is why I replaced the set up with the coilovers. I now have the option of getting the rear pair of Bilsteins overhauled by the nice chaps at Bilstein in Leicester, and sticking the complete set back on, or doing the rears, and replacing the fronts with a brand new pair of P1 struts and springs which a mate has sitting in his garage with no use for. Of course this is only possible if the P1 kit is the same spec as the dealer supplied upgrade. The revalving is fairly economical at 65 quid plus VAT, but wont bother if I need to buy new springs all round as well. Hope this makes sense.
Old 15 August 2006, 09:38 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, makes complete sense. Personally i'd get the bilstein/eibach overhauled and use them, mixing and matching with the P1 set-up would not be wise.

Tony.
Old 15 August 2006, 09:53 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Looks like a trip up to Leicester then.

Thanks,
Rich.