Notices

My trip to powerstation

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2006, 12:33 PM
Ringman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My trip to powerstation

I made the decission to go to powerstation yesterday only to have the geometry set up as my 2001 wrx was feeling a little twitchy and loose above 80mph. it was a 200mile drive but arrived dead on time. When we got there i was imediatelly impressed with the setup there and the friendlynes and help from the lads that work there. They got to my car straight away and i was made to feel right at home and totally at ease with someone else tinkering with my baby. Nick undertook the task of setting the geometry and was obviouslly a guy that knows his stuff, explaining everything and involving me in what he was doing. also ended up having cam polts put in to get the right settings. and nick set the car up for fast road to give me the controll i wanted but not be to cruel to my tyres. Have to admit these guy's are a pleasure to be around and they will give you advice on anything without pushing their products or services. But once you seen them in action you WILL be going back. After nick finished the car i was given a printout of the setting and all looks good but i aint got a clue really. but the drive home was awsome felt like they had swaped my car and given me a different one to drive home in. on the motorway the car felt planted with no drifting under acceleration, cruse or breaking. and when i got on the twisties. WOW No understear much more speed and the back end followed the front end perfectlly
Allready working out when i am going to be able to go next for some more improvements .
Thanks to tall the guy's at powerstation and will be seeing you soon, who cares if the kids dont get to eat im going back
Old 12 May 2006, 02:22 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

400 mile round trip just for geo settings?! respect
Old 12 May 2006, 02:44 PM
VJ_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
400 mile round trip just for geo settings?! respect
As the guy lives in south wales I think it would probably be 200 round trip. But it is a great place to go.
Old 12 May 2006, 03:58 PM
white
Scooby Regular

I think he means a 200 mile round trip guys, not 200 miles each way

200 miles from South Wales would take him up to up the Liverpool area

Ringman, glad your happy with your setup. I'll be paying PS a visit just as soon as my STI arrives
Old 13 May 2006, 07:11 PM
Ringman
Scooby Newbie

Hi Guy,s.
Sorry for not being clear what i ment was a 200mile round trip, actually it was 131miles there and 148 miles back because i went for a little play to try things out.