Notices

Tein Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2001, 01:43 AM
Deane
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All
I bought a set of Tein suspension struts, springs and mounts a year or so ago. I knew they would be hard and I was right. I am now going onto the track in November for the first time. I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust the damping rate. They were second hand when I bought them, so came with no instructions. On the top of the strut there is a large nut approx 17mm and inside that there is a hex screw. When playing I managed to loosen of the top nut and move the inner screw. After screwing down the inner screw this raised the outer nut, but if driven they banged and clunked like hell. In response I turned the inner screw as much as possible anticlockwise which lowered the large nut and tighted it, back to square one. So can anyone let me know how to adjust, that is, if they are adjustable. BTW the struts are blue not the more commonly seen green, probably because they are older. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 28 October 2001, 11:01 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Sounds like they are not adjustable at the top, if at all.
I think you loosened the retaining nut for the top of the damper hence the clonk when you started driving the car again.

A
Old 28 October 2001, 11:03 PM
Deane
Scooby Regular

Thanks Alan

Anyone else fancy a try
Old 29 October 2001, 08:57 AM
the link
Scooby Regular

I beleive that they are adjustable the thing with coilover kits is that they have no rubber bits abd hence the banging when you lowered em had the same problem with my AVO''s but as they ere not second hand took car back to fitters/suppliers and they ordered in a part that has since cured it try speaking to any dealer /fitter of tein suspension there must be a solution.
Old 05 November 2001, 05:52 PM
dsmawd
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If they are the TEIN HA coilovers, they are not damping adjustable. If they are the TEIN RA coilovers, then there should be a **** labeled with numbers either on the top of the strut or on the strut body. My guess would be that you have the HAs that are only height adjustable.

- Trent