Notices

Suspension advice 02 UK Sti

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2006, 10:22 PM
Woody1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension advice 02 UK Sti

Took my 02 STi for a service today at System R in Warrington. I thought the wheel bearings had gone due to play in the back wheels. It turns out the shocks are goosed. not the wheel bearings. The pisser is that I had both rear bearings and shocks changed at Prosport 13 months ago, so my warranty is out on them (assuming 12 month warranty on replacement parts).

Question is:

Do I replace the shocks for £600 with more unreliable Subaru ones?

Do I get some Tein coilovers for £669

And also.....

Is it tough **** that my struts have failed now that they are 13 months old or could I claim from Subaru ?

Is there a suitable alternative shock that will last longer than the ****e Subaru units as I have prodrive springs and like the suspension as it is ?
This is bearing in mind the largely negative opinion on coilovers on this forum.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Having had two lots of failed subaru struts (last ones done 10k miles), I am lacking confidence to change them again as they're poor quality is costing me mega bucks.

By the way, the car has never done track days, and spends most of its life being driven by my partner with our baby on board