Notices

05WRX - What suspension upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2006, 03:32 PM
steve05wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05WRX - What suspension upgrade?

Having modded the engine and upgraded power - am looking for new suspension setup.
I have been offered a Tein Superstreet kit - including the EDFC - to electronically alter the setup from within the car.
Has anyone fitted one of these kits? - if so - how much better is it than standard?
I already have the Whiteline drop links and anti-lift kit - fitted by Powerstation.
Also - is there a better setup that I should be looking at - for around the same cost as the Tein kit?
Cheers
Steve
Old 08 April 2006, 03:57 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Mate if you can afford it the remainder of the T25 kit will totally transform you 05..!

Just had AST's, ALK and front ARB inc geom. fitted (rear already done rear) last monday and the difference is night and day..!

Having come from 'roller skate' hot hatches' driving my an WRX felt like a wallowy barge . Rear ARB & DL's helped but it now feels really tight, especially at the front as it just dig's in and turns . Comfort wise it's very good (daily driver inc wife).

I managed to squeeze on the GB but TBH for the improvement full price is worth it..!

The car should have come from Subaru like this..!
Old 10 April 2006, 02:55 PM
Jolley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
Mate if you can afford it the remainder of the T25 kit will totally transform you 05..!

Just had AST's, ALK and front ARB inc geom. fitted (rear already done rear) last monday and the difference is night and day..!

Having come from 'roller skate' hot hatches' driving my an WRX felt like a wallowy barge . Rear ARB & DL's helped but it now feels really tight, especially at the front as it just dig's in and turns . Comfort wise it's very good (daily driver inc wife).
Seconded.

I had a standard 03WRX. Just picked up my 06WRX with T25 setup and it is a completely different beast. Not only does it grip and turn better, but it also seems lighter!! (I'm sure just a psychological thing because of the fact that you are not fighting the weight of the car).

If someone could only afford one upgrade on their car I would tell them to make it this (better than more power in my opinion).
Old 16 April 2006, 08:14 PM
TARManiAC
Scooby Regular

Eibach springs and KYB AGX adjustable dampers are great together. I have this set up along with f+r adjustable ARB“s, f+r camberbolts, antilift kit and droplinks. All from Whiteline. Oh, and the steering rack bushes also from Whiteline.