Notices

Eibachs?...any good?

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2006, 12:38 PM
Trems
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibachs?...any good?

Looking at lowering my impreza, thinking of Eibachs as i have used before (non-impreza application)...

Has anyone with good/bad things to say about these springs on std dampers?....or anyone used anything different and had better results?

I dont want to lose too much comfort, not bothered about improving handling as its excellent as is. So long as it isnt any worse, just want the lower look

Any help greatly appreciated
-Paul
Old 24 March 2006, 12:46 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Trems
Looking at lowering my impreza, thinking of Eibachs as i have used before (non-impreza application)...

Has anyone with good/bad things to say about these springs on std dampers?....or anyone used anything different and had better results?

I dont want to lose too much comfort, not bothered about improving handling as its excellent as is. So long as it isnt any worse, just want the lower look

Any help greatly appreciated
-Paul
Eibachs only lower the car by a max of 30mm, most report a drop of less than that though. They do, however, improve the handling of the car and don't compromise the ride. They don't cost the earth either. Lowering the car is all well and good for asethetics, but generally kills the ride and spoils the handling. Drop it by too much and you'll start scraping speed bumps etc and make the car a pain in the *** to use everyday, which is a real own goal with a performance car know for its practicality.

I'd not go go for any greater drop than the Eibachs personally.

Ns04
Old 24 March 2006, 04:08 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Ill have a set of used Eibachs pro springs forsale next wednesday, classic model. re-read thread-not for an impreza

Andy
Old 24 March 2006, 04:49 PM
Trems
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
Ill have a set of used Eibachs pro springs forsale next wednesday, classic model. re-read thread-not for an impreza

Andy
Re-read again they are for an impreza

Yeah i literlaly just want the gap to be even around the arches, around 25mm mark would be perfect, not looking to be in teh weeds or anything, plus i have a man who can get a special prices on eibachs which is cool

Just out of interest whats the mileage on yours mate and what sort of condition, pm me with a price if you like.

Thanks for the responses
-Paul
Old 24 March 2006, 07:01 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Trems
Re-read again they are for an impreza

Yeah i literlaly just want the gap to be even around the arches, around 25mm mark would be perfect, not looking to be in teh weeds or anything, plus i have a man who can get a special prices on eibachs which is cool

Just out of interest whats the mileage on yours mate and what sort of condition, pm me with a price if you like.

Thanks for the responses
-Paul
What a muppet I am. The springs are about 20kmiles old.