Polyurethane suspension bushes

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2005, 12:25 AM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation Polyurethane suspension bushes

Anyone used Superflex PU bushes in their suspension? I have used Whiteline and Powerflex so far, wondered if these are better or same, or worse?

Also, fitting bushes to rear suspension arms / links / bars ... is this hard, any thing to watch out for, apart from tight nuts?

Does MY94 diff need / can it use stiffer mounts?

Ta

Neil
Old 04 August 2005, 07:20 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neil:
I think all the suppliers are much the same, ie all use the same materials.
I did my entire chassis using Powerflex bought through RC Developments.
Long tough job.
I also changed the bushes in the rear diff/subframe which needed the subframe taking off the car. I changed the bushes in the diff front cross member to fully tighten it all up.

All in all a long winded job which would be made easier if I had a press to get the rubber bushes out.
Use gallons of gease on assembly. My front ones creek now after 6000 road miles.

Graham.
Old 04 August 2005, 06:19 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Cheers Graham

I am trying to get rid of the thump / axle tramp? when taking off fast, so was looking at doing all the rear bars and control arms with PU bushes, and now got the Whiteline front mount lock kit ( PU spacers around OEM bush .. although OEM bush looks shot! ) and had a mis-hap as one side's captive anchor nut has come adrift
Also can't get the diff carrier/crossmember lock bolts in as the cros beam doesn'tline up with the holes properly! Job for the garage I think!

Are all the rear bushes metal sleeved, I thought not when ordering, Powerflex advised al bushes were 2 top hats style, so I assumed easy fit job ( may be harder to get old ones out! )

Think I'd like the 4 diff cross member bushes replaced, the 2 front mount bushes changed, and the 2 rear diff bushes changed, is this the bit where you had to have the subframe removed?

Ta

Neil
Old 04 August 2005, 10:25 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes.
I dropped the subframe to free the diff and the two bush inserts.
I found that the threads in the shell for the lock-kit needed tapping out to clear rust/gunge etc.
fit the lock kit finger tight while the 4 frame bolts are out and then put it all back together with a tightning down slowly and sure.
The combination of the bushes and the rest will stop the bang bang on violent take-offs.

My chassis has no rubber bushing whatsoever anywhere.

Graham.