Tein coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2005, 07:50 PM
pedro72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tein coilovers

Hi guys,

just aquired a set of type HA for my classic which has standard setup at the moment. Having done a few track days, i found the limitations of presnt setup and wanted some improvements.
However now that i am about to put them on, i dont even know how to adjust them, how easy this is etc. and would also like to if anyone else is running these and how they are finding them? I suppose what i'm really looking for is "Coilovers for Dummies"!

cheers in advance

Pete
Old 04 July 2005, 10:02 PM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Hey Pete. Not much to them really. The HA is height adjustable by winding the nut under the spring up and down. This doesnt affect stiffness of the spring just the height of the car. The damping force is the little nut on the top of the shock and it is usually recommended to start with is 8 away from hard in the front and 12 away form hard in the rear, the struts are 16 way adjustable. Wind it clockwise until it stops and just count the clicks back to the setting you want.

I really enjoy having the Teins but I have heard a lot of people complain they are too hard. I have a new age STi and my right side rear knocks a bit until the shock warms up? I dont know why but I have also read about this being a problem with a lot of coilovers.

After you get the shocks sorted you might want to look at swaybars if you havent already, these complement the stiffer suspension quite well and gives the car extra handling that the shocks themselves cant.
Old 04 July 2005, 11:04 PM
pedro72
Scooby Regular

Hi swaussie,
cheers for help, i cant wait to get them fitted. They arrive wed. I already thought about adding roll bars and will do so after getting used to the feel of the coilovers.

pete
Old 06 July 2005, 10:30 PM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Pete, it might also be worth your while to get a geometry test done after you have fitted them. If you havent put them on yet I suggest getting a mate to help you out. I fitted mine by myself in my garage and they were a B!+çh to fit alone

Let us know what you think of them as well
Old 07 July 2005, 02:51 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Be careful with the adjustment nut. You can easily knacker it by over-turning it.

Is adjustable from hard to bloody hard

Bob
Old 08 July 2005, 07:48 AM
pedro72
Scooby Regular

I am getting my trusty mechanic to fit them on Mon followed by a geometry adjustment. Far too big a job for me to do i'm afraid! Looking forward to tesing them out monday.

Will keep u posted
Old 18 July 2005, 12:04 AM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

How do they feel Pedro ?