Notices

what a difference a decent geometry setup makes!

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2005, 03:04 PM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink what a difference a decent geometry setup makes!

As above, I've had a set of 2nd hand Prodrive WRC 18" wheels with Toyo tyres on my STI TypeR MY99 for a few months now and in impatience just had them balanced and put them straight on when I bought them.

Car has not felt sure footed since them with the wheels tramlining over every dip/hump in the road. Felt ok on motorways. Always found it suffered with major understeer round small roundabouts and alike which always pi$$ed me off.

Had the wheelalighnment/tracking re-set and got them to dial in a little inverse camber at the front and what a difference!!

As soon as I drove out of the garage the car felt so much better with hardly any tramlining and a much more posotive feel to the steeringwheel. And boy does it handle better round roundabouts!!!!

IMO The best money I've spent on the car by far and a must for anyone who has gone up in wheelsize on their scoobs. What do u guy's think?
Old 21 April 2005, 06:27 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely agree with you there mate. Mine feels totally transformed, from the added weight of the steering at low speed to the apparent increased responsiveness in the steering around corners.

I'd be interested to see your print out to see what they've set yours to.

Considering you didn't specify the parameters and left it to the Alan and his boys, they obviously know what they're doing.

Can highly recommend this place if anyone in the west London area needs their services.

Old 21 April 2005, 07:50 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SlowBoy
Definitely agree with you there mate. Mine feels totally transformed, from the added weight of the steering at low speed to the apparent increased responsiveness in the steering around corners.

I'd be interested to see your print out to see what they've set yours to.

Considering you didn't specify the parameters and left it to the Alan and his boys, they obviously know what they're doing.

Can highly recommend this place if anyone in the west London area needs their services.

Can you pm me where please
Old 21 April 2005, 08:31 PM
H.Q. RALLY PREP
Scooby Regular

What have you had it set too??
Mine is going for a set up tomorrow and i want to compare settings?
cheers mark
Old 21 April 2005, 11:00 PM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by H.Q. RALLY PREP
What have you had it set too??
Mine is going for a set up tomorrow and i want to compare settings?
cheers mark
Did not ask them for any particular settings, I think they went off the standard WRX settings and then dialled in a fraction of camber to give it a more oversteer tendancy and sharped it up. They also corrected the tracking which made a major difference.

This is the first time I've had this done to the car so bit of a novice in the setup area but we all gotta start somewhere!

Would have liked to go to Powerstation to have it done as I've heard they are the best in the business but just too far. will probably take a trip down there for the next one.

As Slowboy said, these guy's and also A&G AKA Angie are one of the best in the business (or at least in west london LOL) highly recommended for all your scooby servicing needs.

Lookin forward to the 2nd Rich......Keep up if ya can! LOL
Old 22 April 2005, 12:14 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

I asked for 2.25 degrees neg camber up front, and as much neg camber as poss on the rear (I don't have the aftermarket camber bolts on the rear so it's much less adjustable than the front). Can't remember exactly what I ended up with but I do have it printed out somewhere. Toe was set at 1mm toe in all round.

If the Prodrive settings don't work for you then check out the Whiteline site as they also have their own recommendation which is quite different.

Bartop - will mail you with the details. Just gotta get the printout with their details on it.

'NOV2 - LOL mate. I'll do my best!
Old 04 May 2005, 12:22 PM
Grovit
Scooby Regular

I had my geometry done a few days ago as well - set up to Prodrive settings.

What a difference - no understeer and much more feel. Quite a bit more tyre roar on hard cornering though, however all in, I'm happy.

as said before - money well spent.
Old 17 May 2005, 01:30 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Is there a list of outlets who do this?

I'm looking for somewhere near High Wycombe

Ta