Notices

Wandering to the left (long story)

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2005, 02:52 PM
wvoce
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wandering to the left (long story)

I recently had the steering arms replaced by main dealer as they were thought to be the cause of a cracking/creaking noise when on full lock in reverse. They informed me that the car would need a geometry check after this as a matter of course.

Upon collection of the car and whilst driving home i noticed that the car was wandering to the left , which it didnt do before. Phoned the dealer the next day and they said no probs bring it in. It is a 80 mile round trip (which i had already made 4 times), involves borrowing the courtesy car, time off work etc.. Unfortunatley i couldnt make it on the day in question (work, new born twins etc..) and cancelled.

This week i noticed that the offside front tyre was wearing on the inside edge so i booked it into extreme motorsport (Whitburn) for then to do a geometry check and adjust. They carried out the check and went through what they had found and carried out the adjustments (toe in front and back) and recommended that i change the front tyres. All very friendly and professional. They also commented that the track rod ends and adjusters on the back were seized (had the dealer done anything!).

Drove home and car still pulling to the left. Extreme took the car back in and rechecked and zeroed the front toe in. Car still pulling. Have been advised to go back to dealer.

Any ideas on what may be the cause? Extreme checked all the steering joints etc and saw nothing untoward.

Cheers for reading this!!