Notices

What a difference Eibach springs have made.

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2005, 07:59 PM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a difference Eibach springs have made.

....to my UK Classic MY00. Money well spent IMO.
Handling feels so much better...sharper... when cornering. Car seems more sure footed and confident.
Old 18 March 2005, 10:39 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

Is it a much harder ride, and how much has it lowered it by?

Originally Posted by pappasmurf
....to my UK Classic MY00. Money well spent IMO.
Handling feels so much better...sharper... when cornering. Car seems more sure footed and confident.
Old 19 March 2005, 12:27 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ride should be hardly affected, but handling will be sharper. Lowers something like 10mm front 20mm rear, I think. Smurphy will prob be able to give you more accurate figures.

So did you do the arb and droplinks as well or is that coming later?
Old 19 March 2005, 08:56 AM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

....your right...ride is hardly affected at all, only alittle harder when going over speed bumps.
The lowering figures sound about right, i'm still on 16" rims and the car does look lower and better for it. I guess if you had 17" wheels it wouldn't look quite so low.
Most importantly, the car is much sharper and confident when cornering. Certainly feels less understeery. I'm bedding in new front grooved pagid discs so still taking it easy.

ARB and drop links are on order and should be here in April. This should stiffen up the chassis nicely and cut out alittle more understeer.

Big thanks to the lads at Xtreme Scoobies.
Old 19 March 2005, 08:35 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Will the drop links cause a lot of discomfort? I'm thinking about doing something with my suspension in the next year. I'm not sure what I will do, because I do not want to spend a lot of money on the car really.

At the moment the car feels a little too unsettled atm, it just seems to lack a little composure. One thing that I do not want to sacrifice is ride quality. I'm getting a little tired of a harsh ride, so I do not want to make it any worse.
Old 20 March 2005, 08:43 AM
zoton
Scooby Regular

When I put on my 17's the car looked lower, and drew comments to that effect. The steering benefit from the lower profile tyres and ALK was amazing. The ride worsened about 20%, but the car imporved much, much more than that.

Depends what you want in the whole compromise game

UK Turbo MY00
ARB, links, eibachs, ALK, OZ 17"

IMHO the effect of the droplinks on comfort was nil and the only thing to factor in is a lithium regrease every six months .

Last edited by zoton; 20 March 2005 at 08:45 AM. Reason: forgot to mention
Old 20 March 2005, 09:52 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

I fitted the Whiteline solid drop link set from demon tweeks £75 delivered. Makes the front and rear ARB work harder, so car feels more stable, corners sharper and flatter. First thing I would do to a scoob, and dirt cheap for what it does. Excellent & easy mod, and it makes no difference to ride quality whatsoever. Do it, you wont regret it. Daz

Originally Posted by Luminous
Will the drop links cause a lot of discomfort? I'm thinking about doing something with my suspension in the next year. I'm not sure what I will do, because I do not want to spend a lot of money on the car really.

At the moment the car feels a little too unsettled atm, it just seems to lack a little composure. One thing that I do not want to sacrifice is ride quality. I'm getting a little tired of a harsh ride, so I do not want to make it any worse.

Last edited by dazc; 20 March 2005 at 09:54 PM.