Sti 5 Type R front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2005, 03:36 PM
AhFEK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Sti 5 Type R front suspension

Hi chaps,

I've seen 1 or 2 threads along the lines of "how long's your car been off the road....." Well, after a sub 20 mph venture in to a ditch almost 4 months to the day ago, I've finally been told by a well known "crash repair" company with a national network that my car will be ready for collection tomorrow.
No names for now as I'm going to be running this one by the ombudsman but I have a question re the front suspension. The car's got app 55k on it and they say that they've replaced the n/s front shocker. Would it have been reasonable to expect that they replace both - obviously no damage to o/s but I assumed that suspension related work would be done in pairs so opinions please?
I will be posting another thread looking for some expert advise regarding any issues I may (will) have with the car on inspecting it Friday.
Thanks in advance.

Noel
Old 16 March 2005, 05:59 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think best practice is to replace suspension by 'the axle', especially if the car is high miles, and i would class 55K miles as high for such a fast car.
Could be the Insurance would not allow them the change the pair so ask before screaming at them!

If that is so, then I would be tempted to have them replace the other leg with new to balance things up at my cost.

Good luck, and I hope all does go well.

Graham.