Notices

STi7 rear struts

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2004, 02:33 PM
astenhouse
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi7 rear struts

Have had a knock from the LH rear strut on my Sti 7 and remember this was discussed in threads some time ago. The dealer says that one can be replaced under warranty however I have always understood that shockers should be replaced in pairs so would expect that the pair would be replaced under warranty.

Dealer says this is not so.

Anybody had the same problem and was one or both struts replaced under warranty.

Advice please
Old 24 November 2004, 03:02 PM
JohnS

I've had mine done twice, and both times they've only replaced the one and I've not noticed any effects (other than the noise disappearing). Unless you've done 50k+ miles, then the other strut should still be well within specification.
Old 24 November 2004, 04:06 PM
astenhouse
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnS
I've had mine done twice, and both times they've only replaced the one and I've not noticed any effects (other than the noise disappearing). Unless you've done 50k+ miles, then the other strut should still be well within specification.
Thanks for the info. Will see what they say when I pick up the car later today.
Old 24 November 2004, 04:57 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by astenhouse
Anybody had the same problem and was one or both struts replaced under warranty.

Advice please
Mine changed 4 months ago, also my mate last week, both had Pairs replaced under Warranty Most I know have had Pairs but do know of some on here only had one side done.

Because of the lightness of the rearend, the noise/movement is very pronounced, noticable The worrying thing is that Fronts are simular Shockers and maybe as 'Good' or 'Poor' as the rears but we aren't noticing it due to the weight of Engine Etc.

Tony
Old 24 November 2004, 06:42 PM
picasso
Scooby Regular

had the nsr strut replaced today under warranty on my sti (53 plate) now as quiet as as mouse.
noticed on the last service carried out by the previous owner the garage put the noise down to the jack being loose in its holder!
Old 25 November 2004, 11:18 AM
astenhouse
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by picasso
had the nsr strut replaced today under warranty on my sti (53 plate) now as quiet as as mouse.
noticed on the last service carried out by the previous owner the garage put the noise down to the jack being loose in its holder!
Thanks to all for the info. The dealer has said that only 1 side will be replaced unless I wish to take it up with Subaru UK. Guess I'll have to go with this unless I take up the fight.