Notices

what spring rates?

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2004, 05:25 PM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what spring rates?

I made a little seach but came up with nothing. F300 lb / R275 lb, are those rates to stiff? What are the prodrive spring rates? I'm trying to find smt that does not drop the car and not too rigid. Anyone knows stock spring rates?

Cheers
Old 23 November 2004, 08:04 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/t...ng/spring.html

Can't comment on whether 300 / 275 is too stiff without knowing
a) what car you have; and
b) what you want to do with it!
Old 24 November 2004, 12:17 AM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

I've MY98 Impreza Turbo GT car. I've Koni inserts at the moment and I'm planning to order Ground Control Coilovers with in specific spring rate. Car acting like a cadillac and oversteering too much and too early. I want more grip, without dropping the car. I'll also order whiteline or cusco rear sway bars and may be the endlinks if I can offer the shipping cost. What do you think is the best? ordering anti lift kit with endlinks or rear swaybar with endlinks?
Old 24 November 2004, 07:43 AM
pban
Scooby Regular

Just ordered Leda and have springs rates of 275 front and 225 rears if that helps, car is a STI version 5

Cheers

Paul
Old 24 November 2004, 08:10 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SoNiCa
I've MY98 Impreza Turbo GT car. I've Koni inserts at the moment and I'm planning to order Ground Control Coilovers with in specific spring rate. Car acting like a cadillac and oversteering too much and too early. I want more grip, without dropping the car. I'll also order whiteline or cusco rear sway bars and may be the endlinks if I can offer the shipping cost. What do you think is the best? ordering anti lift kit with endlinks or rear swaybar with endlinks?
I suggest you only change one thing at a time.

If you're getting lots of oversteer on a standard car, first look at tyres and geometry.

The spring rates you've suggested would make the car tend to oversteer more than stock. You need to look at the front/rear ratio. You also need to ensure the coilovers can properly control the spring rates you choose.
Old 25 November 2004, 06:07 PM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

Thak you for the inputs.

I've been using Toyo Proxes T1s, and got the geotmetry done by a local rally team in here. Oversteering is not the problem for me, as I said before I need more grip before oversteering. I'm trying to look and compare different spring rates and take them as f/r ratio reference. Ground Control Coilover springs is the one good choice as far as I know. They use eibach springs anyone used GCs?