Notices

Coilovers for MY00...

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2004, 03:54 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool Coilovers for MY00...

Got these of E-bay... nice and cheap they were... There Cusco coilovers... so I've heard there a harsh ride to say the least... but height adjustable... also adjust the dampening from 1-5... which for what I paid for them was a bargin... any thoughts on these???
I'm into me lowering... previous cars I've gone really low... 150mm...
So now the time has come to do my first Scooby... I just wanna take it to the tops of the tyres all the way round... should look quite good on me 18's... then get it all set up tracking and camber wise...
My question is ( stupid I know... but I can't be arsed to get under it too check until I get round to doing the job )... which are the front and which are the rears... I think the short ones are the fronts and the long ones are the rears... will probabley become obvious under the car... but just thought I'd ask...
And how long do you think i'm looking at to put them on... I've lowered many cars.... and like to think by know I know what to expect and what i'm doing...?
How low do you think these will go... maximum???
http://forums.sidc.co.uk/attachments//coilovers.jpg
There to go on this... also since the picture I've had me skirts and rear spats colour coded... it's getting there slowly.... it's a photoshopped pic... wanna have the rear windows tinted next...
http://forums.sidc.co.uk/attachments...hopScoob10.jpg
Old 23 November 2004, 04:56 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate you`re right about the short ones bein the fronts,though the top mounts should have gave that away ,ive done three imprezas and you should be lookin at half a day for a complete swap though ive never set coilovers up on a scoobs, just on a pulsar, can tell you now on that the camber was a pain to sort, though me mates were jic coilovers.Lowered mine 40mm on koni`s-sits prob about as low as you want yours(wheels are 18`s) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...bymad/mine.jpg
Old 23 November 2004, 05:04 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah... but they've come of a fresh import from Japan... and only been on the car a couple of months, the guy I've had them off muttered something about them not being fitted right by the Japs...! Just can't believe the height difference from the front to the rears... hope it lowers it...
Just thought I'd best ask to be on the sure side... Having the camber, caster and tracking set up by ABP Motor sport... Cheers for your reply, nice looking Scoob you got there mate...
You get any catching on yours mate...?
Old 23 November 2004, 05:12 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Mine at the height it is at the moment... monster truck style...
http://forums.sidc.co.uk/attachments...ntedup03%2Ejpg
Old 23 November 2004, 05:13 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

The only awkward part you will come across (though not that bad)is the brake pipes run through a bracket welded to the struts,all you need do is cut a slot in these and slide the pipes out,it just saves time bleeding brakes etc and your coilovers are slotted already so should save you some time(be careful not to break metal fork type clip that holds brake pipe against bracket as you will probably need that for your coilover bracket unless youve got some with it)will all become clear when you get a wheel off trust me theyre dead easy.
Old 23 November 2004, 05:16 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers again for your reply mate... can't wait to get it done now... will transform the looks of the car, especially with all the colour coding completed...
Old 23 November 2004, 05:19 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyslammed
Yeah... but they've come of a fresh import from Japan... and only been on the car a couple of months, the guy I've had them off muttered something about them not being fitted right by the Japs...! Just can't believe the height difference from the front to the rears... hope it lowers it...
Just thought I'd best ask to be on the sure side... Having the camber, caster and tracking set up by ABP Motor sport... Cheers for your reply, nice looking Scoob you got there mate...
You get any catching on yours mate...?
It depends on the width of your wheels, tyre size,offset cant remember exact offset though the wheels are 7.5 wide with 215/35x18`s on it doesnt catch at all on the front but i had to trim about 4mm off of the bk arches across the top and remove rubber arch trim if yours has it on rears though to be honest the suspensions borderline solid so there isnt much travel anyway uncomfortable sometimes though it makes up for it in the dry handling is mint!!
Old 23 November 2004, 05:26 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Just one more thing the top bolt of the two on the front is already a camber bolt as std so would probably mark this to try and keep that where it is untill you get it checked out properly.
Old 23 November 2004, 05:29 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Wink

When I got my wheels, I was told they were the right offset for my car... and am running 215/35/18's... with no rubber trims on rear arches...
So you think just a trim on the rear with the grinder should sort it... then alittle touch up paint...
Old 23 November 2004, 05:31 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ng-oldrims.jpg by the way they all look crap before they`re lowered lol.
Old 23 November 2004, 05:34 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Talking

Don't wanna lend me your rear lights m8...? That'll be a next...
Still the coilovers should make it handle a whole lot better...
Blue looks the best on the classic though... don't it???
Old 23 November 2004, 05:35 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

When I got my wheels, I was told they were the right offset for my car... and am running 215/35/18's... with no rubber trims on rear arches...
So you think just a trim on the rear with the grinder should sort it... then alittle touch up paint...
Yer just dont go too far with the grinder as the rear 1/4 and inner arch are spotwelded together along here trimmed mine back to the welds then used primer (brush on)over bare metal then seam sealant bk over the two edges then undersealed it all up,other option is to get them rolled.
Old 23 November 2004, 05:40 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My coilovers were a steel at £150 quid... I had to pick them up though... And the set-up once there fitted is £120 quid... so for less than £300 quid... can't be a bad set up...
Old 23 November 2004, 05:40 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Don't wanna lend me your rear lights m8...? That'll be a next...
Still the coilovers should make it handle a whole lot better...
Blue looks the best on the classic though... don't it???
U dont wanna know what i paid for them lights lol(300quid)ha ha couldnt wait to get em everyone i rang didnt have them in at the time so rang graham goode who had loads, expensive but could have them that day so i went and fetched them ha ha(im very impatient and lexus lights are really crap lookin in my opinion-on a scooby anyway,i use to have them on a 106gti)
Old 23 November 2004, 05:42 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

My coilovers were a steel at £150 quid... I had to pick them up though... And the set-up once there fitted is £120 quid... so for less than £300 quid... can't be a bad set up...
They were well cheap me mates just paid 1500 quid for his new !!!!
Old 23 November 2004, 05:43 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Wink

The STi lights are the way... with you on the Lexus ones matey... look crap imho...
Old 23 November 2004, 05:50 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

The STi lights are the way... with you on the Lexus ones matey... look crap imho...
Got a mate with a white wrx (94) whose on about putting the afterburner ones in and i hate them too but there you go,his choice at the end of the day its just a really nice motor at the mo. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...d/4f5f44d0.jpg
Old 23 November 2004, 05:52 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

....Oh dear... they will look pants....
Looks like his could do with lowering...!
Old 23 November 2004, 06:05 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

....Oh dear... they will look pants....
Looks like his could do with lowering...!
Ha ha yer it is now thats one of the ones ive done just no pics of it yet-best get some quick before he gets his lights lol,they`l be on here http://photobucket.com/albums/v365/scoobymad/
Old 23 November 2004, 11:18 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Wink

Some nice pic's there mate...I've gotta get the coilovers on soon as...