Notices

Understeer and bumpsteer mod 93 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2004, 06:57 AM
Mitch C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Understeer and bumpsteer mod 93 WRX

Ive done a search, but still have a couple of questions.

Is it still only Powerstation that do the Bumpsteer mod? If so, is the cost of alignment included, or is that extra?

I was going to go to TSL as I have heard good things about them (and it's nearer than Powerstation). My car understeers like mad, more so now that I've added the front Whiteline ARB to my 93 WRX, and I'd like to get it set up properly. Can anyone tell me how much setup will cost, please?

In the meantime, does anybody know the best settings for the ARBs to reduce understeer? I have HKS springs and ARB front and rear, and front Cusco strut brace, if that helps......

Thanks

Mitch
Old 17 August 2004, 03:43 PM
LeMans
Scooby Regular

Default ARB set up

Mitch,

I race a 1993 WRX and have no problems with handling but understeer can be provoked.

I have adjustable suspension, uprated springs, Whiteline anti-lift kit and Whiteline front & rear ARB's.

The rear ARB's I have on the hardest setting for sweeping bends/circuits and the softest or middle setting for tighter bends.

I do get considerable wheel lift on the inside rear wheel if I have the ARB on the hardest setting on a tight circuit.

The biggest factor is however the tyres - a set of slicks transforms the handling from excellent to brilliant - these obviously cannot be used on the road though !.

Stu
Old 17 August 2004, 05:16 PM
Mitch C
Scooby Regular

Well mine will want to head straight on in a bend, so I have to back off, especially in the wet. I have no confidence in the car's handling at all.

I think I'll get it set up correctly, get some decent tyres and see how it goes....

Cheers Stu.
Old 17 August 2004, 05:40 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Mitch/Stu,

You want to watch out adding an uprated front roll bar without doing so to the rear as well. i.e. the rear one must always be beefier than the front one otherwise understeer will happen.

Powerstation will sort you out with the bumpsteer mod (that will help loads) and also will check your roll bars match as above.

Cheers

Ian