Notices

Whiteline Front Anti Roll bar help for 01 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2004, 12:22 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whiteline Front Anti Roll bar help for 01 WRX

Well,my mate has tonight fitted my whiteline rear anti roll bar and heavy duty droplinks to my 01 WRX.No probs for the rear and we were a little short of time to attempt the front roll bar and links.Anybody fitted an uprated anti roll bar to the front of their 01> wrx??
What's the procedure to fit the front ARB? Is it as straightforward as the rear or is it a bitch to fit?

Cheers

Nick
Old 10 August 2004, 11:39 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Same procedure as the rear , Half an hour & all should be done, only real difference is having to unbolt the cross member plate underneath the roll bar

Dean
Old 11 August 2004, 09:52 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Thanks Dean!!

All sorted now...
Old 11 August 2004, 11:10 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

I challenge anybody from start to finnish to replace the front anti roll bar and drop links in 30 minutes.

It takes 5 minutes to get the belly pan off, then the wheels then the 2 rather tight and awkward 'D' cups and then put it all back together.

1 hour after you have done your first one maybe but never 30 minutes.

As Jim Royle would say 'My A#se'

Still its done now and handles like its on rails.Nick needed new pants after i drove it at above average speed round that roundabout 'IN THE WET'.
Old 11 August 2004, 11:34 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
I challenge anybody from start to finnish to replace the front anti roll bar and drop links in 30 minutes. (whats the prize ? & can i use my own car ?)

It takes 5 minutes to get the belly pan off, then the wheels then the 2 rather tight and awkward 'D' cups and then put it all back together.

1 hour after you have done your first one maybe but never 30 minutes.

As Jim Royle would say 'My A#se'.
Zippy,

Did i mention changing the drop links ??, Do you need to take the wheels off ?? (no) & it's my @rse so hands off

All depends on competence & how many times you have done it before, How free the bolts are etc & if the last time they were undone , they were copper slipped up .
Worthwhile Mod though, I have the rear Adjustable, Uprated front, Lower front 4 point, Upper front & upper rear, Solid front & rear drop links & it does handle really well

Dean
Old 11 August 2004, 04:36 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

You need to remove at least one wheel to get the poxy roll bar out properly and the other one so he can bl##dy polish them for some strange reason.

Whilst i'm getting dirty and hot under the headers he (Nick) is sitting in front of the cool fan cleaning his bling wheels.

I will take your @rse if i feel like it................

Zippy
Old 12 August 2004, 11:41 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
You need to remove at least one wheel to get the poxy roll bar out properly and the other one so he can bl##dy polish them for some strange reason.

Whilst i'm getting dirty and hot under the headers he (Nick) is sitting in front of the cool fan cleaning his bling wheels.

I will take your @rse if i feel like it................

Zippy
Sounds like your mates @rse needs taking, I did not remove any wheels on mine, Just jacked up & put on axle stands, Used a scissor jack under the front control arms to relax the arb, so all bolts just feel out.

Dean