Notices

What should I do???

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2000, 08:18 PM
Lam
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a way to back home at night, when I turn to a fast left hand turn (around 120km/h), I saw a light cames out from right side. Then I turn my head to check if its a cop or just other car, when I turn back my head back to the road and I see I'm going to the oppsite lane, then I step on the brake; then my car goes fish tailling(damn black ice), I keep control the car, the rear of the car went left and right and left then right then went to a ditch and get back to the road!
I'm so lucky that didn't hit anything to damage my body and the car, after the inspection , I back to the road and all the way home. But When the car goes around 90km/h - 120km/h, the steering wheele start shacking and the car is little bit toward to right hand side!!
Then I went to gas station and recheck the tire pressure and it still happen!!
Today, I take out the rims and check the brake, I see the right side front swaybar has some old rust print cames off, did I bend the front swaybar???? Shuld I replace it or just leave it and do the alignment??? any suggection???
Please Help!
Old 04 December 2000, 09:17 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Arrow

What you need to do as a matter of urgency is get to a workshop who have competent staff and sophisticated FULL wheel aligment euqipment. They should be able to measure all of your suspensions geometry etc and diagnose any bent bits, which you need to replace so that the settings can come back to manufacturers spec and more importantly, so the car is safe to drive.

Perhaps you have a Scooby community out there who can recommend a suitable workshop for you if you dont know of one already?

Sunil
Old 05 December 2000, 08:18 PM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

And keep it nice & slow until you've had it checked. If something does suddenly snap, you don't want to be travelling very fast.