Notices

A question for Stef

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2000, 06:35 PM
AndyMc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Stef

I have been thinking of having the bump steer mod done as most report a hugh improvement for enthuastic driving.

I've read about your off at Trax and remember that you were surprised that you hadn't managed to catch CK1 even after a couple of attempts and that you left the track some way from the corner.

I want to ask you if you think the bump steer mod has made the car less forgiving at or (just over) the limit,I get this impression because you had a couple of goes at sorting it out and am well aware of your driving ability (slide ability ).

Was it a case of needing a bit more practice with the new set-up? or do you think it played no part at all?.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Old 17 September 2000, 03:51 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Hi mate.

I am sure that it was more my in-experience at Silverstone and my desire to please the crowds that lead to my untimely gravel excursion, nothing else.
I had the bump-steer mod done before the last track day at Donno and the car felt amazing, much more controllable when sliding (even if I did also go into the gravel there as well! ).
I think whenever I go into the gravel it's just me being over-enthusiastic. However, I've been doing it for too long now and have decided to get professional help from 'anti-gravel' consultants!
Do the mod, you won't regret it.

Stef.
Old 17 September 2000, 10:46 PM
AndyMc
Scooby Regular

Cheers