Notices

Ajustable struts

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2000, 04:32 PM
sam
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've just had to raise my suspension on WRX and thought good time to give the struts a good clean. Started looking for the make hoping HKS or something good but all i could find was CUSCO
never heard of them.
The only thing for sure the ride is very very hard.
Can anybody shed some light on these struts.
Old 08 May 2000, 11:34 AM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sam,

I have Cusco as well, and yes they are very very hard. Superb on a track though. Fraid I don't know anymore about them though, and had no response when I posted a similar message a couple of months back.
Old 08 May 2000, 07:45 PM
sam
Scooby Newbie

Stuart
Are your struts, height ajustable only and fitted with ajustable aluminium top mounts made by the same peaple.
You said superb on the track i can understand that after driving on local back roads,but being so hard do you find that your car leaves the ground even on the small dips and bumps.Good fun though!!

Old 09 May 2000, 11:18 AM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Yes they appear height adjustable only. Lovely top mounts as well. The small black plastic bit in the bottom was initially thought to be an adjuster, but when I looked at it it is far too flimsy to be credible. I haven't had any problems with it leaving the ground, but most of my internal organs are no longer in the correct place. I will be at Snetterton this Sunday, with slicks to take full advantage of the suspension. At Donnington the car was outperforming the tyres.
Old 10 May 2000, 10:40 PM
RobAnderson
Scooby Regular

Question

It sounds a very similar set-up to mine which has Cusco adjustable top-mounts and height-adjustable only suspension, only this is made by 'Beatrush' , whoever that is?( doesn't quite have the same phonetic qudos as something like 'Momo' does it?).

The ride is similarly jarring, handles excellently on a smooth surface and is completely incompatible with English roads, however it's great fun none-the-less and was phenomenally cheap second hand in the back of Motoring news a few years ago.

The only thing is, and you may well find this happening also, is that the composite in the rose-joints on the top-mounts disintegrates over time due to the ride harshness on English roads necessitating replacement.