Notices

4 wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 1999, 04:45 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Thanks to those who provided input prior to my car going in for adjustment. Mark Arket, David Taylor, Bob Rawle, Tim Hardisty, Duke Ting. To name just a few.

Nottingham Alignment Services.
==============================

While I understand that the computer says 'rear camber not adjustable', I have seen numerous posts contradicting this.

I have Ohlins suspension fitted and apparently there is no cam fitted to allow camber adjustment at the front.

The point is, while the garage has (reluctantly)offered to elongate the holes to make adjustment possible <I>(if I really want them to)</I>, they have been (sorry about the pun) 100% negative about every aspect of adjustment so far.

Here are some examples.
"You won't be able to feel the difference".
"If you want to waste your money you can do".
"They are talking taters" after being shown front negative camber settings (equal each side) (Mark).

I have now have no confidence, in their ability to do the job, mainly due to the <B>complete lack of interest</B> in achieving it or trying to find a way to do it.

I get the impression that they do not do too much of this sort of thing and that anything away from the mainstream, they are not bothered about as it is too much trouble.

They are talking now of elongating mounting holes on my suspension legs.

Does anybody know who would be more interested in doing the job how it should be done and instilling a small amount of confidence that they want to/know how to do what I want.
(Prodrive settings as achieved by Rannoch or thereabouts).

I am in Nottingham, but don't mind travelling a 'reasonable' distance to get it done right.

NAS want about another £150.00+ to do the work on top of the £30.00 I have already paid them.

Mike.

Old 07 August 1999, 10:08 AM
Darren Soothill
Scooby Regular

Mike

It seems that they dont know what they are doing to but it bluntly!

My MY99 Type R on Standard suspension was adjustable not by turning a cam but just by the fact that there is a certain amount of adjustment in the suspension mounting holes.

The Rear does not have this sort of adjustment and this is when the holes need to be altered to correct problems that has had to be done on my car because the rear suspension camber is not alterable.

Unfortunately I dont know of any where in the Nottingham area that can do the adjustment for you as I am from Caterham!

Get the changes done the amount of difference that it will make to the car is really noticeable and I would have no hesitation about suggesting anyone to do it and depending on the amount of Motorway driving that they do then I would use that to dictate how much negative camber to put on the car.

Darren
Old 07 August 1999, 03:16 PM
Proby
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Mike,
ABP Motorsport, near Crewe set up the suspension on MY93 WRX and made a cracking job. They gave me the choice of standard Subaru settings or Prodrive settings, warning a bit of tyre scrub may be apparent with the prodrive settings. A diagram and print-out was given showing before and after measurements (for toe in/toe out, camber settings etc.) The car handled dramatically better afterwards, the difference was truly amazing. These guys seem to know the score, the owner of the place owns/drives a WRX. Hope this is of help.
Proby.

PS: It cost me about £80.