Notices

Tein type HA coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2003, 01:59 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Great suspension but has anyone else had a slight rattling coming from theirs? If so do you know what it is & how to fix it or is it quite normal?

cheers

MAFFA
Old 29 May 2003, 03:38 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

I have this mate

Wheres ya rattle coming from?
Old 29 May 2003, 06:57 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Smile

I've spoken to my mate who says that the clunking (not so much a rattle) noise is quite normal due to there being no rubber between the mounts & body. It's the nearside rear that's the worst but I put that down to the coilover basically being inside the cabin & easier to hear. I might make something to go between there to stop it

Have you got a similar noise or have you got nothing?

MAFFA
Old 30 May 2003, 11:41 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, I have a similar noise from my nearside rear damper, turned out the top nut had worked loose and the strut was moving verticaly in the mount

Tightend it right up and all was fine.... but its worked loose again, I will be taking the rear seats out this weekend and putting another nut down ontop to lock the bottom one firm.

This may be specific to my car due to me having HKS topmounts on the rear, therfore I had to use the nuts (with built in collars for the bearings) that HKS supplied, these are not nylockers like the OEM nuts... hence they work loose a bit... another nut on top should lock it down tight.

Will let you know!

P
Old 30 May 2003, 12:34 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

I take it these are the green ones.......have just sourced an outlet that will repair them though they will need to go back to Japan at £150 plus vat per unit and then an extra charge to fix them depending upon what needs to be done...ouch.

With that cost in mind one of my suspension engineers has taken a strut and is currently taking it apart to see what can be done. I should have an outcome within 7 days and if you mail my profile will keep you informed as to progress.

At the moment I have no prices but once the inital strip down is complete I will be able to give you an idea though i should imagine it will be cheaper than sending it away to Japan!!
Old 30 May 2003, 04:15 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

I've got the Tein gold topmounts & it's locked down tight. Guess i'll just have to live with it but with that kind of cornering it shouldn't be a problem