Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2003, 04:37 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Hey gang,
Any ideas.... just thinking of dropping my sport down a little, i have 17" WRX wheels fitted, is it just a case of changing springs or will the shocks need looking at to ??
Will i be able to just fit WRX springs and how much lower will they be ?? or do i need after market ones...
Scooby is only 8 months old so i have to work around my warranty, this mod i believe should be ok as its not engine related also i will have my dealer to do this to avoid any problems in that area.
I have never ventured in this area before so don't get to techinical on me please !!!!!
Thanks People.......
Old 18 May 2003, 11:59 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Ultimate warranty friendly mod is the Prodrive WR Sport spring kit which fits WRX and GX (sport) as supplied by your Subaru dealer

For a newage (MY01+) you only need to change springs rather than dampers as well unless you want full coilover / adjustable setup but this aint gonna be a Subaru item...

Alternatively, if your dealer is OK with it, a lot of people fit Eibach Pro-Kit springs (the Prodrive ones are also made by Eibach but to prodrive design / spec)

See if you can have a ride / drive in sombeody's car with the various kit fitted and see what suits you

Whichever option you get, you'll need the geometry setting up due to lowering the car. Dealers can do this but it isn't as cheap as others and the tolerances may be "agricultural" . Independant garages have good reputations...

Apple
Old 19 May 2003, 01:12 AM
phaynes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Silver Scooby Sport,

I was going to suggest eibachs as i have been very impressed with the way they transformed N_W_S's but not warrenty friendly. However, i think i read that the ones Subaru will happily sell you are in fact eibachs! Job done!

Regards,
Paul

(PS. Are you within spitting distance of malpas road, Newport?)
Old 19 May 2003, 05:43 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Apple.....
Very informative i'll have a look on the Subaru web site to see if that kit is listed then i will be able to have a talk to my dealer about the possibilities, interesting to see what the costs will be involved lets hope not to much...........
Everyone seems to mention Eibach springs they must be one of the best by the look of it.
It can be a pain when your in the warranty period.... very limited on things you can do, and what you do decide on must be Subaru freindly that's for sure.

Thanks Paul,
As you say what Subaru sell are other brands in disqiuse, and yes NWS scooby is looking good..... had a look when i was down at Coombe on the weekend.... not many white one's around !!
No matey that's not me in town, i'm just outside Chepstow.

[Edited by Silver Scooby Sport - 5/19/2003 5:45:05 PM]