Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHERE CAN I GET REAR STRUT BRACE FOR 00 TURBO
MUR.
Old 29 September 2002, 09:09 PM
Dr Turbo
Scooby Newbie

I went to a steel workshop and get one custom made !
It actually worked much better than a MOMO one...
They MIG (metal inert Gas) soldered a T-45 steel "cross" from side to side, then sprayed it with the color of the car (green). I saw it on the JBL Car audio site, on the FR500 Mustang first, and though it could work, so I risked myself and it went great.

Also I discovered that the guy at the steel shop was an artist with metals, also aluminium, so i got an aluminium flat floor that helps also aerodynamicaly. He also made me a custom aluminium pipping set for the Blow-Off valvle and a relatively BIG Intercooler water spray, wich I placed instead of the battery under the hood, and bought a Summit Trunk mount battery kit for the trunk (of course !)
Then I created myself a current "Rail" (I like to call it like that) under the central console, where I can get fused power for all of the electronic accesorios (overbooster, turbotimer, Lunar series autometer gauges, in-car camera, etc,) and also used a Gotham (www.gotham.ch) multipair cable for all the Amp Signals (6 channels of hi fi audio) to get the signal from de Head Unit to the AMP's in the trunk.

I actually liked my job very much and I'm proud of it, also I used the oportunity to replace all the interior panels rubber mounts (they get smelly with umidity and stop working, with Cork !!! a Natural solution, and It worked great in eliminating all of the anoying noises arround the cabin.

Greetings !

PS: I hope I have not been to boring !
Old 30 September 2002, 03:33 AM
MUR221
Scooby Regular

DR.TURBO
NOT AT ALL BORING THANKS VERY MUCH.
MUR