Notices

STI 7 Geometry settings

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2002, 10:59 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys

I'm going to a local company today to have my geometry settings checked or changed if necessary.

Does anyone know what settings their own car has been changed to, by car by the way is a UK car, probably makes no difference being UK or Jap import anyway.

I have an email from powerstation telling me the setting they would use for a road car, but the guys i'm talking to are telling me that if will definately wear tyres a lot faster than normal, even though the powerstation email says otherwise.

I'm booked in with this place at 2pm, so please let me know what your ideas are.

Regards

Shaun
Old 27 August 2002, 03:18 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

No one replied, anyway

Alignment checked and fixed.

The machine complained about everything except the right front.

The guy told me that basically the two rears were pointing at each other, and the front left was pointing at the front right.

All sorted, time will tell.

Shaun
Old 27 August 2002, 05:45 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Oops

"Does anyone know what settings their own car has been changed to, by car by the way is a UK car, probably makes no difference being UK or Jap import anyway."

Should have read

"Does anyone know what settings their own car has been changed to, my car by the way is a UK car, probably makes no difference being UK or Jap import anyway."

Shaun

Old 07 September 2002, 02:56 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaun, Sorry I didn't see the thread before,

I have had the geometry altered in mine to get it as close to the Prodrive setting as poss, this made the rear (along with a switch to toyos) much less twitchy.
The main difference was the total rear toe was reduced from 3mm to 2mm

I had ATS do it (first time there I hav ealways used Charles hurst up to now)

Andy

Shaun, you get the invite to the meet?
Old 07 September 2002, 05:01 PM
Johnathan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've just taken delivery of a new STI Type UK. It understeers initially but, if you keep the power on, snaps into oversteer. Initial settings were 15mm of negative camber at the rear, 4mm camber at the front and no toe on either axle.

I've now set the front to 10mm camber (the max I could get)and the understeer is completely eliminated. The car now goes into a 4 wheel drift and points at the apex of the corner-loads better!

As standard, there's no camber adjustment at the rear-just toe via the rear lateral link. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the camber? What are the Jap cars set to? Do the Jap cars have longer lateral links to give less camber?